Working at Zions Bank — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Zions Bank pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Zions Bank

From Utah — 03/20/2010

I've worked for a credit union and two other banks. Zions is, by far, the best company to work for of the four.

From Salt Lake City, UT — 07/08/2007

I worked here for five years. Overall, it was a good place to work. There are a few things that could be fixed however. First off, they hire new people with less experience in at a higher starting wage than employees that have been there for years. In some cases, employees in their twenties (without a degree) were making $6.00 an hour or more than employees that had been there for decades. You actually train people on how to do their jobs and they are making more than you are. The second thing that could be improved is promoting employees from within the organization. If you are good at what you do, they like to keep you there and not offer advancement. In the five years that I worked there, not one employee was promoted from within my department, but rather, managers were brought in from other organizations. Your best bet for advancement (or better pay) with this company would be to quit, work somewhere else, and then apply for a management position. If you’re in management, it is a good place to work.

This company does offer pretty good benefits and employees who work over 20 hours a week are eligible for all benefits. Most co-workers are pretty knowledgeable and the work environment is pretty flexible. If you’re looking for a job that you will remain in for years with no advancement opportunities, but does offer a good environment and good benefits, this organization might be a good fit for you.