Working at YUSA — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about YUSA pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at YUSA

From washington court house Ohio — 05/19/2009

respect is a 4 out of 5 b/c there is a few aholes but bonnie rayburn is awsome. pay was decent cause i worked 7 days a week non stop but i made like 2000 a month after taxes. benifits were pretty good to me. i felt i had a good job security cause i operated a high priority machine civic line 2 in mrbf. work life balance when i worked there i didnt get a life. i think it was a good career. it was in a good location easy to get to. there were great co workers. i loved the work enviroment for some reason i loved it there i miss it alot and if i could i woul definitely go back. i loved it there if u ever get on there go to the mrbf dept. and tell bonnie rayburn derrick bond said hi.

From WCH, OH — 01/29/2009

Yusa is a good place to work, with pay and benefits that rival any that of any company in the area. If you give respect to the company, management will give you respect in return. Job security is OK, given the current financial crisis, the company is doing all that it can to keep the employees working. I , for one, appresiate this. There used to be a lot of OT, so work/life balance was hard. The company has made big improvements there in the last year. There is plenty of room for advancement if you apply yourself and put forth an effort. Location is small town Ohio, which is a plus in my book. Many co- workers are very knowledgeable, some aren't. The working environment is a little dirty, but probably normal in this industry. All in all, Yusa is as good as any place to work in the area. It isn't without it's problems, but the company has been working to fix what's wrong. You basicly control your own destiny at Yusa, if you do your job, give an effort,show respect, gain knowledge and use it, you can go far. If you don't do these things, you will probably be one of the ones writing negative comments on this site. It's all what YOU make of it. The saying "you get what you give" applies well here.

From washington court hou — 08/27/2008

This is actually an honest and fair review, unlike most of the others on here from some of the most ungrateful, unreliable & ignorant traitors you could have the unfortune to work with. I can't believe there are so many - It makes me nauseous. Always looking for a handout, thinking the world owes them something. It's a shame people with bad genes are able to populate this earth.

Pay: 4
Very good for the area. Unless you want to drive an hour north where the cost of living is double, YUSA is as good as you'll find. If you had a better option, wouldn't you take it?

Respect: 4
I've received nothing but the utmost respect from my bosses. But, I try to give an honest days work each day. Sometimes even try to set a new personal best. Time goes by a lot quicker if you're busy rather than trying to get out of work. I guess if I kept racking up points from missing work or abused the FMLA system (some do need it - most abuse it) my bosses probably wouldn't give me as much respect. But, I would consider the latter as not giving the bosses respect either.

Benefits: 4
No one should be knocking YUSA's benefits. Among the best you'll find at any company.

Job Security: 0
Used to be great. Tomorrow there is a vote on whether the union comes in or not. There are a lot of morons at YUSA that think that the union is going to get them something. Hmmm. Do you really think that the Japanese owned company, which had over a million dollars loss last year is going to give anything without taking away at least as much somewhere else? Do you also think that Honda, who works with a "just in time" supplier philosophy/ has no other tier 1 suppliers that are unionized (we are tier 1)/ would continue to work with a supplier that has a risk of striking? A union always has that risk of strike. One of two things WILL happen if the union is voted in: 1.Honda will pull all of their molds that we make their parts with (Honda owns them) and have one of their other injection mold suppliers make the parts, who would jump at the chance for that business. 2.Our Japanese mother company will see that the above will happen, and choose to do all of the manufacturing at their facility. Using YUSA as a storage/pass through area. That would cut the jobs at YUSA down from 1000+ employees to maybe a couple hundred of support group employees that are not union. The Japanese manufactured/ YUSA pass through process has already began happening on several parts! Preparations due to the naive union supporters? The union can't save your jobs, they will make their money from dues, then move on to bleed another company dry. They've done it to many others in the area and have already started looking at their next victims. The automotive market is too competitive now to be able to withstand the added costs that occur from a union. And, with the economy as it is right now, not many businesses period would be able to make it with a union.

Work/Life Balance: 3
Overtime is usually there if needed, but weekends are often avoidable if not desired.

Career Potential/Growth: 3
There is more career potential here than at any other job I have worked at. This is also up to the individual as far as how much effort they wish to put in.

Location: 4
Small town area. Low cost of living.

Co-worker Competence: 3
Most of the employees at YUSA are good people who come to work each day, care about their job, support their families.

Work Environment: 2
For a rubber factory, clean. Above average cafeteria. Temperature gets into the 80's through the summer. There are 100's of 350+ degree molds all over the plant. It's been worse in past years and I've worked in places that don't have any type of climate control. Think of it as your job, and not your couch or welfare line.

From Washington Court Hou — 08/16/2008

Pay at Yusa Corporation is decent. You can pretty much make your own hours, if you've got something big going on the next week and want to work 12 hrs all week so you gotta little extra cash, then so be it. Its not that bad of pay.
Respect: Come to work everyday, do your job and what you are told, and your bosses will love you forever.
Benefits: Are great. You put all your time and effort into working at Yusa, and they give you personal leave now, and a point system. You are aloud up to 13 points before you get fired .... 13 points, jesus, some people still cant get up and come into work and still get fired b/c they have pointed out. I am very pleased with the insurance now that its been changed, and if you have an emergency, save your personal days to use. Dont just burn them up for the simple fact that you can.
Job Security right now is a little shady. If a union vote gets into this place, well lets just say I give the company 6 months (if that) before they pack everything up and close the doors. So right now, Im not so sure how secure my job is.
Work/Life balance: Regardless of what shift you work at Yusa, you still have time for your family. Yeah your going to be a little tired at times, but whats more important, falling asleep with your kids wanting to play, or spending quality time with them regardless if you've got to get up and go to work, we all have to do it!! Its a part of life.
There is Potential Growth at Yusa. If you feel you've got what it takes to do a job, then turn in your resume and go for it. The handbook doesnt tell you that you cant apply for any job in there. If posted, that is.
Location: GREAT!! If needed, I can walk to work.
Co-Workers Comp: I had to give a zero. Maybe if they would mind their own business instead of feeding off what everyone else does, maybe they would get something done there. Drama, Drama, Drama. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont.
Work Enviroment: Pretty simple people, its a factory!!

From Washington CH. Oh — 07/18/2008

I have worked at Yusa for 13 years & I'm happy to say it's the best paying job I've ever had. People complain about the pay, but it's usually the young ones that doesn't want to work & expect everything in return. There are a lot of lazy people at Yusa. Thank God, I'm not one of them. I get all the OT I want because they know when I'm there on OT I'm working, not loafing. I think 40 to $50,000 a year is not to bad for a town this size, plus our insurance is only $15. a week!! Uniforms are furnished, that saves on our clothes & laundry.
If you do your job you get respect!! Respect Yusa, they respect you.
Benefits are great as far as insurance & 401K, attendance bonuses. Back a few years ago when we had a good month Yusa gave us dinners, pizza, etc. With over 1000 people & many of them there for a paycheck without taking any pride in the parts they produce causes Yusa to lose money so naturally they can't spend a lot of money on extras!! I don't think people realize just how much money Yusa pays for our insurance!! People wise up!! No, I'm not a company man, but I take pride in doing a good job!! Do your job & you don't have to worry about job security! There's those though that are out to screw the company & spend more time & energy wondering how to do that than working.
I have a family & I still have a balance with work & life. You just have to plan. Without my job at Yusa my family wouldn't have a nice vacation every year, drive a nice car, nice house & do all the things we do.
There are always promotions in QA, team leaders, etc.
Location is great for most. There are a few that live an hour or so away, but they knew that when they applied for the job.
Co-worker competence-This is what gripes me!! You are working your butt off & these people standing beside you goofing off, going to the restroom & hanging out, sneaking out the back door which is not allowed while all the time their machine may be shut down losing money!! These people just do not care!! That puts me in a really bad mood seeing this stuff go on. Another thing, certain people come in at 3am, clock in & go back out to their vehicles or leave the premises until 7am which is regular work time and get paid OT for the hours they aren't working. Yusa needs to do something about that. I's sure some of the bosses know what's going on, but if you're friends with the boss you can get by with it. Everywhere I've worked before bosses stood around and watched what you were doing, but with Yusa you don't have that pressure. The bosses leave you alone to do your job, but there are those that really need to be babysitted!! Those are the ones that do everything they can to keep from doing any work.
Work environment is hot in the summer in most areas.In the winter it's pretty comfortable with the heat off the machines it keeps you warm.
Yes, at times the fumes are bad. There are clean jobs & dirty jobs, but hey it's a factory! Check out a lot of other factories & it's worse.
Overall I would recommend Yusa to friends & family. It's not as bad as the lazy people say!! I love my job and plan on staying for 7 more years. I'm so thankful I got hired at Yusa!!