Working at Yellowpages.com — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Yellowpages.com pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Yellowpages.com

From manhattan, ny — 01/09/2010

I worked in ypc for 3 years. it was the best job I have even had, until they changed VP's. and especially when AT&T corporate took over. I had months that I made 29k. Then we started getting hit with charge backs. At that point you are not getting ahead. I made some great friends there (most have left). At one point when LB was here the culture was great, you knew exactly where you stood with him. He stoop behind his people. didnt comed across as a slick car salesman.

Now HR is out on a witch hunt. It seems that they are looking for any reason to fire you. I left before they could further investigate me, They apparently were offended because I sent a joking email to a co worker. (who also was a minority) it wasn't a raciest joke. it was a slang comment. Instead of being verbally warned they told me they were conducting a full investigation . I resigned 2 days later.

Now I am in IAC, could be a great company. There pay plan is a joke. Its very hard to be inspired to sell good accounts w2hen you are not being compensated for them . Iike some people there, others totally avoid you. I assume its because3 of the high turn over.

In my pas month working here, i seen 2 people fired. I guess for lack of production, I am a simple person. Compensate me properly and I will Carry a TEAM, let alone my self.

Remember,

when you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

I am currently looking for a company that wants to seriously take over this market. There is a huge amount of potential . We just need the right company with the right type of backing to show these would Be's how a Team Of Closers can make some noise..

If anyone out there wants to discuss this further then please send a comment. We can use this as a networking site to try to find a SERIOUS company that wants Successful Closers. I am not shy and I am very aggressive. I know my friends I have made there are on the same page. We could take a ypc or iac or even reach local and bring them to the promise land. Micromanaging is not the way to do it.

You need direction, Drive and focus.

i, corious to see what other people think about this. I also was a dsm in the company. I know how it is on both sides of the fence over there.

From Anytown, USA — 12/12/2009

Overall, they seem like a very good place to work if money and benefits far outweigh anything else.

On the downside, they do not treat candidates with respect in the interview process. You go through the phone screening, the in person interview, the two 11-hour "drive days", and the final interview with the GM. You are specifically told they have no further info and it's not their policy to keep their candidates hanging. So you follow up regularly until SEVERAL MONTHS later you are told they went with someone else. Couldn't have figured that out any sooner? The fact of the matter is not getting back to eliminated candidates IS their policy

Also, they tend to micromanage in a way that one would think hurts productivity. The reps have to document EVERY single outbound call they made and the outcome. They probably could close to double their calls if they didn't have to do that. You also cannot e-mail immediately after the call, but during the time allotted for e-mail. You are also not allowed to call from your cell phone during the call times, even though that could be the key to getting through to the decision maker (this was a sore point for the seasoned and top performing reps).

Given that they pay what they do, the job is extremely demanding and burns out many reps. It's not unheard of to put in a 100-hour week every once in a while, but 50-60+ hours seems typical.