Working at xerox — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about xerox pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at xerox

From Tampa, Fl — 09/15/2010

Xerox is a great company to work for. The key is "work". If you do your job well then you will be highly rewarded. The potential for growth is unlimited. The current CEO started as an intern, the previous CEO, an entry level sales rep. If you are passionate about delivering excellence to your customers, then Xerox is the place for you. Xerox will pay for any employee to take college credit courses, get a undergrad degree, or go to grad school. Again, for those willing to work, contribute as a team member, have passion for customers, have a positive attitude, and a desire to grow professionally, then Xerox is the place for you. If you want to just blend in and be average, then look elsewhere. Xerox delivers excellence to our customers and that takes excellence from the people delivering the solutions.

From New Brunswick — 07/24/2010

I am considered a tenured employee. Since the early 2000s, Xerox has taken the focus off of the customer and employee and put it on the numbers and what the stakeholders want. Since then, stock for this company has plummeted.
This company is a shadow of what it was. No one is clamouring to be part of this company like they once were. People feel bad for you if tell them you work for Xerox.
No raises on 3 years.
Management is poor, see the Peter Principle. Management insists that you have to suck it up, be grateful to even have a job. While that is true to a degree, I find it very unethical that they demand more and more of you while they pay you less and less. Commissions are calculated differently every year, and it has been proven that you are paid less for doing more.
Since Xerox purchased ACS, they have moved 5 groups to Jamaica and St Lucia, and plan on moving more. Xerox is not moving the displaced and tenured employees, but making them apply for current openings. If you don't get hired thru the regular process, you do not have a job with Xerox. So much for rewarding loyalty...
ACS will be the death of this company as while they have the offshoring down to a science, they have no idea what customer service is.

From Toronto — 03/19/2010

Xerox is a great company to work for. I work on the staff side of things as opposed to service or sales. I get to interact with people from many different parts of the company and everybody is usually very supportive. Other people have complained about office politics, dinosaurs, aggressive managers etc. Frankly large organizations all tend to have these kinds of people and unless you are a good fit then you are probably suited to a different size of organization. I found the people I worked with to be of a very high caliber and if they stay on then I think Xerox has a bright future. Xerox is supportive of education and is serious about getting leaner and more efficient through LSS. They appear to want to lead the industry in all the market spaces they serve: office, production, services et al. The recent aquisition of ACS is my only real problem. I don't know how Xerox can integrate with ACS given that it is in a different market then Xerox. Hopefully it all works out and allows Xerox to achieve better growth then in the mature/declining document management industry.

From Edmonton, AB — 03/17/2010

Great company to work for! I just started my second role with the organization and they have both been in completely different fields. This was something that sold me on Xerox in the begining and they have truly followed through. The opportunities for advancement and growth are definitely there. Granted in the sales channel you do have to put in your time, but if you work hard, put forward a solid effort and show your committed and dedicated, then there are lots of opportunities in the company for you. You really do get from this company, what you put into it. The people writing the bad reviews should realize that and know that is how the corporate world works. Maybe had they given a better effort they would have seen a better result. Anyway, the company has been great to me and I look forward to many years to come.

From Rochester, NY — 02/28/2010

This is good company to work for. Most of the managers i worked for were fair and there is alot of opportunity for growth.

From Wilkes Barre PA — 01/28/2010

Only part time but by far the lowest stress job i have ever had. Not going to lie coordination with Xerox is quite a challange. Very mobile company, there are often days where everyone is traveling and you cant get in touch with anyone. i get nothing since i am part time which stinks but maybe they will move me one day!

From quebec — 01/25/2010

great potential for a fast track career of you achieve result.

From Toronto — 01/22/2010

Sales is a tough environment. It take a special kind of person to succeed. Xerox gives the tools to our sales agents to succeed. The toolbox allows a person to grow and learn. If you can succeed at Xerox you can succeed anywhere. I feel proud to work for a company that appreciates talent and hard work. I would not be where I am today without this company and its people.

From Toronto, Ontario — 01/21/2010

I read the comments from those that rated Xerox and although I'm not entirely surprised I was a little dissapointed. Every organization has those that hate it but Xerox gives a lot to it's people and is currently positioning itself to bounce back from the current economic position. Maybe i'm a glass half full type of person but I'd rather be.
If you're looking for a company that's interested in the bottom line, good luck!!!!

From Wilsonville, OR — 01/23/2008

Let's see - Working in a forest- for a company that values diversity and provides so much free training along with adequate time to complete tasks oh yeah and one that demands we all respect each other. It's really a dream job. Those that complain are probably the long timers that have nothing to compare this to.