Working at William Hill — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about William Hill pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at William Hill

From London — 05/17/2010

I joined William Hill about 7 years ago and I have never looked back! I soon realised that your destiny was in your own hands. If you wanted to progress then it was up to you to do so. In my time at William Hill I have been a grade D shop Manager/ Staffing Manager for 4 DOM's/ Job Instructor/ Area and Regional Staff Council Rep/ Seconded DOM for about a year, which I realised was not for me and I am now a grade 1 shop Manager in a difficult area, with 7 competitors(Coral/Ladbrookes/Jennings/2xTote/Paddy Power and Bet Fred). It's tough but the challenge is what motivates me. I could hide behind an unnamed district and/or area with my comments, but I shall not! The new bonus scheme makes us all accountable. The new bonus scheme is finally in place because the bonus is not a salary...It IS a bonus and has to be earned! I shall be relocating to Central and South East soon. My current Area/District is 07/074. Stuart Ewen(AOM)/Ronan Kavanagh(DOM). If you do not like the job then you are not a prisoner!!!!!

From Scotland — 03/11/2010

Seem to be in the minority, however, I love the flexibility of the job. I can work what shifts I choose, take holidays when I want them and enjoy the interaction with the customers. The more flexible you are the greater the rewards will be. It stands to reason the more you put in the more you get out. If you find the customers the "dregs of society" as previously mentioned then you are in the wrong job, I like my customers and find if you smile at them, you have a great day.

From central and south west — 05/04/2009

i am quite surprised by most of the comments on here william hill is one of the best companies i have worked for having a 2.1 hons degree in business studies i couldnt have asked for a better job respect from top management is amazing and i have made my way nicely through the ladder due to my high intelligence and motivation my only negative is co worker competence is unbelievable partly due to paying the minimum wage for cashiers however this is no excuse i say if you are not motivated enough to do a job find another job and stop moaning about it most people who mess around will get messed around.work environment is what you make it there is a great work life balance, if you have a brain you will go far ..