Working at Whole Foods Market — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Whole Foods Market pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Whole Foods Market

From Lakewood, Colorado — 04/09/2010

I actually had a very good experience working for Whole Foods. I liked my co-workers, I had decent pay. I worked in the prep foods area so I always had stuff to do. It could get hectic sometimes but not too bad. The only downside is that there was no employee entrance, and we weren't allowed to park in the parking garage so that customers had enough spaces. There was more than enough room. Other than that, still my favorite place to work so far.

From Saint Paul, MN — 06/08/2009

I'm a relatively new hire to Whole Foods (less than a year) and I really like my job. It can be depressingly boring at times but I have never had a job that hasn't had such periods so I can't do any real comparison. I work with great dedicated people, who know a lot about the product and care about the company's community impact.

Complaints: I haven't had a weekend off in about three months and often go six days between days off (which can be exhausting, you don't realize how important a day away is until you don't have it). The customers, while are by majority great, seem to be stupid when it comes to simple operations a five yr old should be able to navigate. People complain about idiotic things and a complaint can get you in trouble and written up (even if it's groundless and something stupid). Plus there's so many meetings and evaluations, plus filling out forms about another's performance. I hate those and it seems like it slows us all feeling like a team as we're all constantly having to write about each other's work performance. Plus I hate being pretend happy all day. It's hard when you're just not like that. I view this all as a part of growing up though and thus can't say these wouldn't be elements I wouldn't deal with anywhere else.

Overall I really like my job, it's not my career though. The people I work with work hard and give their all to this job. They're funny and friendly, eager to help you have fun at work. I felt I should stick up for this location. It really is a nice place to work and the discount doesn't hurt either.

From Chicago, IL — 05/29/2009

Most everything is fine at the location where I work. I often times question the intelligence levels of some of the team members.

From long beach, ca — 03/22/2009

I have been with the company over two years and I love it. Moving up isn't as easy as I would like, already in management (leadership) but am looking to move up even further. Seems to have a lot of politics but that is pretty much expected given it is a publicly traded comany.

From milwaukee — 01/13/2009

First and foremost, anyone with a job in this day and age is lucky to have one. Anyone working at Whole Foods is even luckier. Most of the bad reviews here seem to have been written by slackers with bad grammar and spelling skills. Work is work and if you want to show up and just kind of go through the motions please do your fellow team members a favor and quit because you're stealing from us. I take it very seriously as does the rest of my team. That's how we roll. The benefits could be better I suppose and no company is without flaws or flawed employees. I've worked at some really effed up places in my nearly 20 years of various employment and WFM is hands-down the least stressful. I have no idea where alot of these comments are coming from except maybe spoiled, trust-fund hipsters that expect to have everything silver-spoon-fed to them. Again, please quit so there's more for the rest of us that want to work hard, help people and change the world.

From Fort Lauderdale, CA — 03/23/2008

Whole food is a fun place to work, benefits and work/life balance are great. Pay is slightly on the low side.There are very little career growth if you're not in the headquarter location.

From Coral Springs, Flori — 06/30/2007

Pay is good, they will be reapsonable with you and theres a job Dialouge after 30 days that will usually give you a raise. The store gives alot of repsect to everyone. Honestly it's the best job I've had. I've never been a person to work for someone else, but this place feels great. Benefits are amazing. After 400 hours you get all benefits, including gamsharing. After 800 hours medical is free for you and the family.Theres potential growth and its the first company I've seen that actually encourages it, not stomp on you. The location sucks. Coral Springs suck in general. It's hard to get business there and the people are real cheap. Everyone who works there is friendly and kind, never had a problem with anyone. The store is beautiful, always cool, always nice. Great overall. Highly Recommended.

From Evanston — 11/02/2006

Awesome place to work for. Great benefits. Great growth potention. They have team members that started as baggers and now are Store Team Leaders. (General Managers)