Working at Wellpoint — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Wellpoint pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Wellpoint

From Alexandria va — 03/16/2010

Wellpoint has come of age in understanding what is truly valuable to them as a company. They finally managed to weed out the political power house that my former company was and make a more lean and mean team. there is still a lot to be cleaned from all the unqualified managers that this place used to be run. but surely we are now set in the right direction.

From West Hills, CA — 10/05/2009

I have really enjoyed working at WellPoint for the last five years. I have been acknowledged for my dedication and hard work. I find that most employees are accountable for their work and are competent to do their job. I have been promoted and was able to transfer into other areas for career growth. I do work smart and some days I have to work more hours than the standard nine to five. It doesn't seem to be any different at other companies. There isn't job security anywhere nowadays and it is up to me to save and prepare for my retirement. The benefits and pay is comparable to other Fortune 500 companies.

From New York, NY — 10/03/2009

I feel very fortunate to be working for WellPoint; I have been afforded a number of opportunities for advancement since our merger (WellPoint & Empire BCBS) and am consistently excited and challenged by the projects I get to tackle. In addition, I am able to effectively balance work & home because of the flexibility to work virtually, work evening hours when needed, etc - all a life saver for a mother of a 2-year old & baby #2 on the way. I firmly believe you get out what you put in - and the management team does recognize those individuals who are committed and excited about the work they are doing & what they can bring to the table.

From Indianapolis, Indiana — 08/04/2009

Excellent company that allows people to grow. Great benefits that illustrate the company's respect and concern for their number one resource...people.

From Indianapolis — 03/30/2009

I've worked at WellPoint for 8 years. Prior to my employment here, I was employed by an international company that worked with many of the U.S. Fortune 500. Compared to many of those organizations, WellPoint is truly an employer of choice. Most of the 41,000 associates WellPoint employs really do care and try very hard to make a difference in improving the lives of their members and communities in which they serve on a daily basis.

From Thousand Oaks, CA — 07/30/2008

The pay is competitive within industry standards. Total benefits bring talent to the company. However, bonuses were structured so that management primarily benefits - bonuses for staff is not encouraging. As a staff associate, the only reason I hang around here is because of job security. The potential for growth within the same department is very challenging. As long as you are persistant, and willing to put in the "time," promotions will be there for you. Nevertheless, patience is a virtue to have if you have the desire to advance here. The company is located in a quiet area in the suburbs, away from traffic, crowds and unnecessary noise.

From Thousand Oaks, CA — 04/18/2008

I enjoyed my time at WellPoint and my career growth was very good. The pay was higher than most companies around, plus management bonus, plus stock purchase plan. Just like any big company, there are some departments that are bad, some that are good. If you're in a good one at WellPoint, you can go far.