Working at Wellington Industries — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Wellington Industries pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Wellington Industries

From Belleville, MI — 01/23/2010

I hear a lot of people making comments about the "so-called" Union. Many times people have tried bringing in UAW, but the same people that bitch about the Union are the same people that vote the UAW down when we try to get them in. So, until people start sticking together instead of back-stabbing each other and bitching about things but not doing anything about it, and what not.....then we are going to be stuck with the same shitty Union you all voted on.

From 39555 S.I94 Service — 10/30/2008

Pay--As far as the pay goes, who wouldn't want to make more, but I guess it is comparable to other small companies in the same industry. Heck, in today's troubled economy many of us Michiganians are lucky to have jobs, when so many others can't even find one.

Respect--I guess all you have to do is look at previous reviews to get an idea of the sort of respect that you might find in this company. Obviously there was no respect for the drunken Hummer driver that is currently unemployed, but I suspect that he caused that himself. Gossip is running wild in the plant. Just as was previously mentioned about the beautiful "blonde" leader that the reviewer "thinks" is sleeping with someone else. HUH? Do I sense a hint of jealousy? Maybe respect would be someone posting something on the internet that they really know instead of trying to gossip about others. Some people have more issues than Sport Illustrated, and I'm thinking that a certain reviewer does. Maybe marriage counseling will help, since his wife makes him suffer so much.

Benefits--Health benefits could be improved. It doesn't cover many prescriptions that should be covered. The premiums are outrages compared to our wages. To get good insurance we would have to pay almost $200 a week out of pocket for the family plan, which puts a considerable dent in our weekly paycheck.

Job Security--No strong union to support the workers, and there is much favoritism within. The union reps are company men instead of working for those that have elected them. Now as far as job security goes, since we do work in the automotive industry, and with the major slump that we are in now, DOES ANYONE REALLY HAVE JOB SECURITY? I think not!

Work/Life Balance--Considering that I work a 40 hour week and I don't really have to take anything home with me I would have to say that my work/life is balanced.

Career Potential/Growth--Pretty much the only way to grow in this company is to have connections. If you're not connected forget about moving up.

Location--I live a good distance away from work, but with the location being so close to the expressway it makes it pretty convenient to get there. It is not within the city so I don't have to worry about traffic jams to get to and from work. Another reviewer mentioned having to come to work because of snow. We live in Michigan, what do you expect? Although, there should be some consideration given on days of extremely bad weather, such as, calling it a snow day and excusing those late when a percentage of the work force does not make it in on time. I understand about the "SNOW DAY" but this would excuse the tardies. If much of the plant doesn't show up on time, then it should be understood that it was because of bad conditions, not lazy employees. The priority should be to get the workforce to work ALIVE and not just push to crunch numbers at the risk of employees lives.

Co-worker competence--There is a large turnover rate at this plant. New/temp workers are placed in positions where they aren't properly trained or skilled, such as doing final inspection of parts before these parts leave the plant. There is should be more training, and those training should be qualified to do so. Not only training, but many working come into the plant with poor work ethics, and no desire to produce a quality product. They are just there to get a paycheck.

Work Environment--Safety standards need to be enforced. Sensors are being bypassed, defective and unsafe equipment are used instead of being replaced as they should be. At times safety issues are brought to the attention of members of the management team only to be regarded a frivolous and then ignored. The management pushes to crunch numbers at the risk of lowering quality standards. There is no teamwork within departments, but you are sure to find an abundance of backstabbing.

From belleville — 07/16/2008

i worked at wellington when i was 20-22 i quit because of a crappy raise..sry guys..i wish i still worked there..because it was my favorite job i ever had...the people were always great and coworkers really knew there stuff..hi to brian hillis..he is a cool guy..miss the old place ..dave keilman even know it was 14 years ago is still feel connected to wellington good luck and people be happy to have a job!!! in mich.... dave keilman 2317345102