Working at Wellcare Health Plans — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Wellcare Health Plans pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Wellcare Health Plans

From Tampa, FL — 09/10/2009

I have worked at WellCare for over 2 years now. I must say that my experience has been very different from some of the other commentators. The department I started with was great, I later applied and was hired at a different department and it's been great! Even though I now deal with more company politics (and these are standard in corporate America) I must say that I have few complaints, and the ones I do have are mainly directed towards some of the people I have to work with from time to time. I feel my compensation is fair and feel my department's management team is supportive and has the team's best interest at heart.
On the other hand I have also heard horror stories from other departments, I cannot testify to any of them since it has (thankfully) not been my experience nor have I witnessed it. A department is usually as good as the management team is. But I have also seen some employees with unrealistic expectations, many demands and with very little to offer.

From Tampa, FL — 07/01/2008

I have worked for WellCare for over a year, and while it's not the greatest company to work for, it's certainly not the worst. The pay is decent, as are the benefits. The raid in October left a bad taste in alot of mouths, but this is not the first, nor will it be the last company to be under investigation. Since Mr. Farha has been gone, it seems to have gotten a bit better. To those of you who are not happy with your jobs or the company, by all means, please leave. Those of us who enjoy what we do and the people we work with (not for) don't need to hear the constant complaining. You are only going to get out of it what you put into it, and if you start your day with a lousy attitude, you'll surely end it with one.

From Tampa, FL — 05/22/2008

Attitude and Gossip are not a job requirement, but it will cause you your job.

If you are not happy at WellCare with any of the above attributes, you won't be happy anywhere because you will always find something wrong with something or someone - your benefits aren't good enough, your co-worker is "dum"(and yes that is how you would spell it) according to your low standards you have set, but those standards really aren't a reflection of your co-worker, but you. Your work environment won't be right, growth won't happen for you because of your attitute and competence. Job security really isn't there because you aren't into your job. Work/Life Balance is not there because your life is not in balance. Pay will never be enough because you think you should be paid more than any co-worker because you always seem to be better than someone else and you can't even keep a guard on your gossipy tongue. Respect is not in your vocabulary.

To find the best in something or someone, you have to look for it.

For those of you who are not happy at WellCare - have not left, keep your poision to yourself! There are many of us who ARE HAPPY :-0(IMAGINE THAT), have good attitudes, want to be successful in our CURRENT jobs, look forward to advancement and have a high respect our Management Team(s)don't want to have to listen to your mouth, see or have to deal with your attitude and detest your lack of respect for Authority. You don't "question" Authority, you do all you can to tear it down.....won't work. So, with that said, reach down around your ankles, grasp hold and pull up your panties/pants because you just showed your butt.

Disrespecting
Leadership
Every
Day.

From Tampa, FL — 05/22/2008

I've worked at several companies over the years and as was previously mentioned, none are perfect. Wellcare, IMHO, is above average and getting better. Pay is decent, as is yours. If you could get more money at another job, I'm sure you'd do it. But you can't because your attitude stinks, I suspect your currently employed at the very pinnacle of your competence, and few companies want negative, gossiping employees that drag others down via their furtive behavior. Please go somewhere else. New management is working hard in all areas. I believe you will SOON see an end to the FBI investigation and Wellcare will prosper. I wonder what it will be like when United Health Care or one of the other visiting companies purchases Wellcare. Being a rather small company with high growth and exposure is cool (except over the last 6 months) - not sure what it will be like when Wellcare is bought out and if they will eliminate jobs. But if you're not happy, please leave. Be happy today as it's all you got - you may not be around tomorrow.

From tampa — 05/21/2008

There is no perfect job, no perfect management, no perfect work conditions. You take what was put in your path and work with it. When it no longer becomes the right place for you, move on. I know of no one that is totally happy with their job. I don't believe there is job security anywhere - it's a thing of the past.

And, for anyone to humiliate any individual, insinuate a sexual relationship in a public forum like this, is totally reprehensible. To single out a group of individuals that are related, proves what? If you really know what was going on, these individuals have helped bring in business and make the company profitable. That is what they were hired to do and that is what they did. And to talk about someone's past...so who cares? The past is the past, the future is the future - live in the present. If anyone has that much anger to find it necessary to hurt people on a site such as this, I suggest prayer or professional help. Let it go. You will feel much better.

I have not had everything go perfectly well with the company. However, no one can take away what I have learned or the friends I have made. That is what life is about.

From Tampa — 10/12/2007

WC only went public a couple years ago and is still experiencing growing pains. Pay scale not yet competitive but company itself is respected in the local business community. Benefits are really low end, especially healh insurance, ironic for a health plan. Not sure HR dept. is committed to employees, more trying to impress CEO. Great job security and career potential as the co. continues to grow. If you are willing to work until 8pm and on weekends, you'll do fine. Suburb location makes commute easy. Most employees want to do well but like most of corporate america, not necessarily recognized or rewarded for their hard work and dedication.

From TAMPA,FL — 08/18/2007

Wellcare Health plans, an HMO for Medicare and Medicaid. They are very disorganized. Poor orientation for new employees. No policy and proceedure manual available to check on how to handle something. You pretty much are left to ask peers who don't know or try to figure it out yourself. Peers are negative and bad mouth the company while they are orienting you. Computer system old and not integraged with other departments. A pain in the neck. They are working on changing this but it will be a while. The place is huge and getting out of the garage can take 20 minutes at 5pm, then you have traffic around there that adds another 15 minutes before you even start getting a mile away. Unless you live real close by, it can take an hour and a half to get home sometimes.