Working at Welch Packaging — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Welch Packaging pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Welch Packaging

From Elkhart Indiana — 08/01/2008

I dont understand why its necessary to vent to unknown people instead of to your superiors or managers. If you hate your job and hate the people then quit. If you have a problem fix it and stop complaining what good does it do to air your problems to no one? Maybe it is complainers like you all on this website that are making you and your surroundings at work so miserable. Stop complaining ! Fix your issues! Or quit if your not happy, there are plenty of people out there today that would love to have the opportunity that the owner of this company has allowed you to have.

From Elkhart,Indiana — 06/09/2008

They have no respect for the workers. If your a guy or a cute chick you will go a little but dont get old and if you get hurt they will make you beg for help. Stay clear here if you plan to stay for a long time they are self insured and when you get old they will dump you.

From Elkhart, IN — 04/30/2008

I feel that I am very respected here at Welch Packaging. If I do a good job, it is noted, if I mess up it is also noted. I have never made as much money as I have working at this facility at any other job. They trained me properly when I started so I know how to do my job. The benefits are better than average. I do not feel like I have much Job Secuirty but that is the same where-ever you work in the United States in this day and age. Welch does promote a family life, they do not put you down if you have to take a LITTLE time off to take care of your children. They will step in if you start to abuse the system. I am perfect in my present position and do not have much desire to be promoted, but I will do anything that is asked of me.

Now to the bad parts. The management does not deal well with the common employees. They do very little to fix the conflicts that are caused by the stressful environment. They have a tendancy to play favorites. Employees are not treated equally and men here seem to get all the leeway. The owner seems to have lost touch with the reality of the working class. It would be a good thing for him to work on the floor for a week a year in the summer, just to get a feel for what the employees have to deal with. They do need to have more consideration for the feelings and well-being of the employees.