Working at WDS Global — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about WDS Global pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at WDS Global

From Boise ID — 08/22/2010

So Far I have enjoyed this company. The trainers are awesome and so are the supervisors. If you do well you will be well Liked

From Boise, ID — 04/10/2010

I have worked for WDS for almost a year now and, well, YEAH! My opinon is this...we DO NOT get paid enough to deal with all the bull shit we have to put up with on the prepaid side. As a prepaid rep we have to deal with some of the lowest of the lows. It gets really old listening to ignorant people yell at you saying "you stole my money" or "give me a credit" or the most annoying one..."HUH?!" If u are gonna call in with an issue, LISTEN WE ARE TRYING TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE PLEASE!! It is an emotionally draining job. Yeah we DO NOT GET PAID ENOUGH!

As far as the co workers, there are a few that are just miserable human beings and want everyone else to be miserable too. These are the people that make life difficult. For the most part everyone gets along and we are like a lil family :) The team I am on has AMAZING people and AMAZING and very helpful sups! I wouldn't want to be on any other team.

As far as the company itself...I have had a couple pretty major situations come up and this company has gone above and beyond and completely gone out of their way to make sure I have been accomodated.

The pay stinks...BUT it's a job and in this day and time those are few and far between. The job itself SUCKS..but again IT'S A JOB! But the peeps I work with and my sups are wonderful..that helps balance it out.

From boise id — 02/20/2010

wdsn is a greAT company to work for i love it there

From Boise, ID — 02/02/2010

Ok. I will try to keep it short. All directed at Boise. To most of the previous posters, PARAGRAPHS ARE YOUR FRIEND! Holy shit. Had a hard time reading.

Consider this. The state is seeing unemployment rates higher than those of 20 years ago. Instead of bitching and whining, consider yourself lucky to have a job! I understand that the pay is sub par as I feel the same impact too. But for the love of Christ! Would you rather make what you are, or NOTHING AT ALL?!!! STFU

If you actually take the time to learn your job, and not be a whining, sniviling child about it, it really isnt that hard. I will agree that the training is pretty lax. But shit. Do you really want floor support or the sups to hold your fucking hand? Learn your job and fucking job and do it!

I could probably name several people who would get on here and whine and cry all day long. I could also tell you that the attitude that I see from most people dictate the experience that they gain. Most people at WDS Boise come to work fucked up, or with a bad attitude all together. If you hate it that much then GTFO! GTFO because you make my job harder. I have had it with the whiny bitches that complain all day. There are 7 other call centers that I can think of right now. So GO! You people are the reason the attrition rate is so bad.

Lets cry about the pay cuts with the economy for a minute. What the fuck is with the people that think that they are the only ones being squeezed by the economy? Hello!!!!! The economy of the COUNTRY is down ass hats!! Consider this, We do truly have horrible parking, To try to help, the site added a shuttle and a new (dirt) parking lot. Seems that you all think that that was free. Sounds to me like a bunch of spoiled ass whiny kids who have to huff your fat ass to the front door and get mad about it. Again, STFU.

Lets talk about seating. I saw a post about how bad that it is that you cannot sit by your bff or gf/bf. Oh my Lord call the Wambulance! Read a fucking book or magazine, paint your nails between calls. I really dont give a shit that you cant sit with your freinds. This is work, not fucking high school. Reach out and meet some new people asshole.

Now, on to the bashing of Supervisors. Granted, at times they can get frustrated. Act like your little ass was never frustrated. If you ever get the chance, sit with your sup for a day and see all that they actually do. That means all of it. The calibrations, the QA's, the 1 on 1's, the time sheets, it don't end there. THE RETARDED ASS QUESTIONS THAT YOU SHOULD FUCKING KNOW!!!!! (*whiny voice* He cant make calls and *228 don't work. What should I do?) Are you fucking kidding me?! STOP FUCKING CRYING AND PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION!!! (Starting to get pissed just thinking about it!) Then bitch and whine.

Example: There was a rep the other day that was all kinds of upset because he/she asked to be on another supervisor's team and it did not happen over night. The reason behind the requested move is that his/her sup *actually wanted said agent to do their job*! Holy shit. Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get the fuck over it. And again, if it's that bad, GTFO! (A lil P.S. At the snivley ass about waking up at 5:30 A.M., So did I, It sucked the first couple of days. As soon as I figured it out, it wasn't that bad. Quit drinking/huffing so much and it won't be so bad. Again, STFU)

The look of some of the agents is something that I will comment on, however. While I understand that it is a call center and none of our customers can see us I really get tired of seeing the super stripper heels, the rainbow colered mo-hawks, the thousand different piercings in a FACE, the sweats and slippers, etc. If weapons are prohibited on company property why can agent 'A' wear all kinds of straps and chains to work when I will lose my job if I carry another sharp edged TOOL to work? If we can tell a customer to keep the call professional, why can we not at least present ourselves to each other as professionals? I will say that I would like to see that change. Casual is great. But just rolled out of bed and got in the car look is a bit much.

All in all, I think that it is a great job to have. The people that whine about the pay are the people who don't do shit all day and expect gold bullion in return. I work my ass off and in very little time it is getting me somewhere. It is not that difficult to notate an account during a call, so stop crying about that. One of the traits of the job, especially when wanting a promotion is adaptability. I understand that procedures change frequently, but change equals growth. It seems that most people can not handle change,

I will stop there. (Kinda) Ya'll know that I obviously work in Boise. There are flaws, no doubt. Open a perfect company that pays top dollar an I will apply. Become a CCM and change things. Actually be a part of VZW and change things. If you want to whine and cry about it, you have the power to change it. Seems to me though, that most of you will just cry about it and ruin an opportunity for someone else by bashing the job and running someone off. If you think that having a JOB is that bad, then send your sup an e-mail, get up, leave your badge and head-set in the metal box at the front desk and leave. If you're big and bad enough to post bad things without anyone knowing who you are, just leave with your tail between your legs and,,,,,,, again....... STFU!

Did I miss anything? Just a note to add. I was FIRED from a sup position at another job. It WAS my fault but still a BS reason. After several apps WDS was the only one that called me and I was hired that day. I am grateful for the job and will not talk bad about the chance to provide for me and my family.

I will add one more time. To the people that will bitch and moan all fucking day. Do your job, be happy to have a job, consider yourself lucky to even have a job. If you don't, in short.... SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO FUCK YOURSELF!!

From Boise — 01/28/2010

Parking is atrocious. Also, with the new "festival" seating, aka musical chairs, that leaves a small possibility to sit with friends... or at least someone you can tolerate the sound of their loud obnoxious phone-voice. It's a call center. A lot of these reviews are dumb because it's average things and complaints to expect from a call center. Be grateful to have a job. The benefits and bonus programs really aren't that bad. I agree there are some great supervisors and some lazy and annoying ones, but all in all that's any job. For a workplace with such a high turnover rate, its really not that bad of a place to work, if you know how to work the system.

From Boise — 01/25/2010

It is a terrible place to work. The turnover there is like every two months and you see new people in training a lot. The training that they gave you the first three weeks was inadequate and it left you feeling like an idiot even
Three months later. The training do not cover everything and you have to search for the answer to a lot of technical issues on your own and the internal kb and info mgr do not provide the answer half of the time. Not every call is about blackberry and you would find yourself having to deal with issues that you have
never dealt with before and you would find yourself stumbling and messing up the call. That would also ruin your call sequencing and your QA score and it is very difficult to maintain a high QA score all the time. They also put pressure on you to lower your handling time and eliminate your call work altogether. A lot of people just give up and that is the reason why you see so many people come and go there.

From Boise Idaho — 10/15/2009

I cannot understand what some of the people were doing when writing these comments. A couple of comments about 2 of the earlier posts: The tech side is Tier 3 if your not qualified to do Tier 3 troubleshooting and need your hand held you should have gone to Tier 1. 99% of the calls are friggin Blackberry related! plenty of docs on the web not mention their own (WDS) Knowlege Base. Also to the person who said pay raises are withheld "HELLO! ITS PERFORMANCE BASED!" You actually have to know what your doing. My biggest gripe about WDS was that they have too many people. They had like 1200 in Boise and parking was a b*%^& so I left and went to Teleperformance and hate it. I wished I had stayed put now they have a shuttle! So people give them a shot if your a techie like me you wont have any problems. If your are a customer service person go with the Tier 1 or I heard they have Tier 2 now in Boise. For those who dont know teleperfomance is like across the street lol and I still eat lunch with a few of my homies over there. Shout out to WB, JD, and Tianna

From Boise, ID — 10/15/2009

I am not getting these comments. The ONLY time I did not get paid is when I forgot to submit my time card. It was all my fault but payroll quickly fixed it. I wonder if people complaining on here really didnít do what they were supozed to.

From Kirkland, WA — 09/29/2009

WDS is a fair place to work. The majority of employees get access to experience beyond their pay and no one is holding them back. WDS had to change their starting pay as the economy is in the tank. The fact that WDS tries to move employees from one area of the business to the other when contracts change with minimal lost jobs is a testament to a commitment to their employees. Anyone who comes to work at WDS has the same decision to make as anyone else: is this the right place for me at this pay rate?