Working at Wawa — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Wawa pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Wawa

From Wall, NJ — 04/08/2010

I've been with Wawa for four years now and it has been an interesting four years to say the least. Corporate changed the store level management structure about 1.5 yrs ago and I can't say it was for the best. They eliminated the store level CSL (customer service leader) which was a lower management 'bridge' between upper management and associates. When the position was eliminated you had to either enter the "manager in training" program or go back to store associate. Problem is/was that you had to be willing to work any/every shift when requested and you had to be willing to transfer to another store at any time. if you couldn't commit to both requirements then the door was closed to you. As it is there are now store level advancements available. In addition they hire "externals" - people who are college grads or who have management experience from somewhere else and they bring them in as general managers and assistant managers. We have to show them how the store runs but they want us to believe that their experience makes them somehow superior to us mere mortals. This isn't to say that they are all like this just like some associates are difficult to work with. Still and all I find Wawa a good place to work.

From NJ — 03/28/2010

I have worked as an associate for over 5 years. Some things about this company are really good, but that all happens on the consumer/store level. The good things include the schedule flexibility, the coworkers, the nature of the job, and the job security. However, upper levels of management have time and time again failed to appreciate anything we contribute to the profitability and success of the business. When I first began working, we were appreciated as an integral part of the company. However, over the past few years things have been going downhill and I don't feel like anyone cares about us, the associates, and it lowers morale, in turn affecting customer service.

From Red Bank — 11/05/2009

I truly enjoyed my time working at Wawa. I looked forward to going to work everyday. I became good friends with my co-workers and managers. If you have a good attitude things will be easy. I treated my customers nicely and they did the same. I would recommend working at Wawa. I am going back to work there in January.