Working at Walmart 1693 — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Walmart 1693 pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Walmart 1693

From Redlands, CA — 09/25/2010

Well, I've been working for the company now for about a month and a half. This is my first job so if my ratings seem strange it's because I don't have any other job experience to compare it to. So far it really hasn't been bad. They started me off at $8.40 an hour which is more than I expected for someone who has never had a job before. The management is pretty good to. Some of the company policies need some work like the benefits, I have to wait a year before I can get any. I haven't had an severe problems here so far but I have heard a lot of complaints from other co-workers. I guess right now I'm just grateful that I even have a job, especially with the bad economy in my area. You don't really make enough money to live off of by yourself especially when you're a cashier but at least it's a paycheck. Some of the customers can be pretty rude but that has nothing to do with the store itself. I told my mom about some of the reviews I read on here before I started and he said that the experience is what I make it, and I think she's right. If you go in there with a positive attitude people are more likely to treat you better, but hey that's just the way I see it.