Working at Wal-Mart — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Wal-Mart pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Wal-Mart

From Madison,AL — 03/08/2010

I think working for Walmart is great. Its all in what you make of it. They cant afford to pay employees $15 an hour for you to sit around and do nothing. That kind of pay is for the ones who work very hard and actually do their job.

From Arkansas — 03/08/2010

It is nice to see my company get some words of praise about raising the dividend. The unions try to smear Wal-Mart all the time, but they can't say much when a company is successful enough to raise the dividend. Lots of people own Wal-Mart stock in mutual funds, etc. What a great company!

From tx — 03/03/2010

worst company ever they fired me for no reason and are lazy morons. the managers are idiots.

From TN and AZ — 02/25/2010

Wal-Mart has your usual drama, like any other place, but overall its a decent place to work. I had opportunities to move up and I got my raises on time and they were pretty good. Fair evals and good insurance. Plus they do a lot for the communities they are in. I would recommend them as an in between job or a in school job.

From Virginia — 02/15/2010

Overall, I am an individual who doesn't like working in retail, and working for the public, but Wal Mart is better than most places I have worked in the past, but I would only recommend working there as a last resort in case you can't find anything else.

From housto, tx — 02/10/2010

love this place. no brainer!

From Iowa — 02/06/2010

Management is a real pain some times but the overall environment isn't bad. I could certainly take a higher paycheck. Everyone told me retail never pays much but it is easier than standing on a line.

From AR — 02/05/2010

Each passing year, working for this company gets more depressing.

From fishkill — 01/21/2010

It basicly blows if your a white pretty young woman and don't enjoy your breast and ass being grabed. But you must keep quite and support your family.

From Bumf*ck , NY — 01/06/2010

Personally I love working at Wal-Mart. Living in a reasonably small town with the average hourly wage of $7.50 an hour (minimum wage). So comparatively wal-mart is a gold mine. I work in Toys, and I have a blast. The managers are great, if you do your job and work hard you will get the respect you deserve. They always acknowledge my hard work. But don't trust them as far as you can throw them. Although they have never done anything bad to me they are still a corporation and are not to be trusted. But they with screw you on your hours. I went from 36 hours a week to 10. WTF!!!! Yea i know its after the holidays but if the company was really all for the worker they wouldn't destroy their ability to you know, actually pay the bills and put bread on the table. Considering that the family that owns wal-mart is the richest family in the entire country.