Work at Wachovia — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Wachovia pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Wachovia

From Princeton Alexander — 08/01/2008

Pay: excellent for the job. What do you expect, more? You work in Retail Banking. "Retail", as in McDonald's is retail, Gap is retail.

Respect: Good. Good co-workers. Upper management is responsive to questions and demands.

Benefits: Average. I've worked at other banks and got better vesting, better benefits at lower cost. Wasn't too happy when our stock dropped to $7.50 that other Tuesday, but I got my husband to buy 100 shares at about 10 dollars and we sold today for a nifty 50% profit.

Job Security: Excellent. Do your job and you get to keep it.

Work/Life Balance: Average. Hours are flexible, but be willing to put in. No worse than other retail establishments.

Career Potential: Good. I was promoted and eventually titled 4 times in two years. (No big deal, since it is banking. Everone has titles that mean nothing). But-- at least there's no need to brown-nose at Wachovia. Do your job. Put points on the board. Bring in the sales.

Location: Great. Branches everywhere. I live in Princeton and work in the Junction. Never work more than 10-15 minutes away from your home if you are in retail banking. It's a waste of time and money.

Co-worker competence and work environment: Astoundingly good. Our tellers are professional (I was one!). Ask any customer if they've ever had better customer service at a bank. I feel bad that my coworkers do not earn more. We hit our numbers, sales and survey-wise.

For anyone with doubts about Wachovia, learn more about banking. Many bureaucratic issues and regulations and sales requirements just come with the territory. It's just the nature of the business. Banking is a a good job if you're the second-income earner in your family.

Get out of retail banking if you hate people, people's problems, or servicing people. This is a SERVICE job. This is RETAIL. Many people go into branch banking with their eyes closed. You SERVE. You sell RETAIL. I love banking and customers. If you love banking and calming angry people down (and selling them a home equity line to boot), Wachovia is ideal. If you are lukewarm about service and retail, you're better off getting an accountant or analyst position.

From Jacksonville, Alabam — 02/24/2008

The Pay is great, for the job I do, I get paid alot more than someone in a similar job at atother bank. Other bankers in the area are always trying to get a job at wachovia.
Respect from the community and from upper management is definitely there. Upper Management knows how important it is to keep Branch employees happy, they are constanly offering extra incentive in the form of pay or time off.

If I need time off or to come in late or leave early, no problem, as long as I can maintain my work load and meet goals, they wouldn't care if I played golf every day.
If I want to go to lunch and if I seem someone I know, They say go ahead pay for their lunch, use your corporate card. Of course I use my better judgement and only do it if I think I can get business out of it, or build a better relationship with a client.

Branches everywhere.

If I have a question, help is just a phone call away. CBS can answer any question and will help you fix something or give advise. Never wait on hold more that 3 seconds.

co-workers know their role. It makes for a smooth workday.

I Love Wachovia

But, lets be real, their are goals and they are tuff, and they do go up. But so what, thats in everyjob that pays more than minimum wage.