Working at Wachovia — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Wachovia pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Wachovia

From Baltimore Md — 03/16/2010

You, too, can be replaced. Goals are unrealistic which result in low incentive payouts. 50-60 hour work weeks for store managers if you're lucky. New implemenation of stage directing is an unrealistic expectation for managers to manage their team to drive sales, coaching & adminstrative duties.

From northeastern grinder — 02/15/2010

i work with lovely people who cherish the daily, positive impact we have on our customers. My managers are a joy to engage with, the abundance of playful banter is wonderful and satisfying. I wish I could of started here years ago, and truly grown with the changes and dynamic involvement that defines our mission statement.

i am a value to my customers, my co-workers and my community. i am wachovia...

From Delray Beach, FL — 12/13/2009

I have worked for Wachovia for over 5 years. Even since Wells Fargo took over I have hated working there. I am a manager and the stress level is at times unbearable. It's all about SELL SELL SELL! We are constantly short staffed and our leaders see this as an opportunity for more sales!!!! While I understand that I work for a Retail Bank, I also have a conscience and morals. Our leaders don't care how we get our sales just as long as we get them. Our DM is ridiculous. She is constantly emailing everyone at all hours of the day and even when she's on vacation. I am trying to hang on because I really do love what I do and I love our customers but if this is the way Wells Fargo runs their branches I will be looking for a job somewhere else.

From NC — 10/28/2009

the bank is good decent place to work. The benefits are okay. Pay is decent. I will say the opportunities are who you know or whos butt you are kissing. I am not pleased that I have only been promoted once in my time with the bank. I get raises and some opportunties. But I can spin a story quite right and make crap up so I can't promoted. The Behavioral Based interview please crock of crap, Some people in leadership roles are lazy as they come and dont have to answer for it. No matter what is said its never addressed you can be wrong 99% of the time and nothing is done. I must say that over all its a good place to work being Wachovia. I dont know what will happen with wells. We are not the sale machine they want we are ethical if anything and what I am reading and hearing that may not be the case...

From FL — 10/26/2009

I think working at Wachovia is great. Maybe its the branch or district that Im in but at my branch we work real well as a team, no body has any stress getting solutions. The pay is okay for a part time teller (which is me). The only downfall about this company is that hiring full time tellers is gonna be no more. Since the switch over to Wells Fargo they will no longer be hiring full time tellers (probably to cut costs). Thats my only complaint. My customers are very nice and actually helpful to me as well. I think that working for this company part time is a wonderful thing.

From Columbus — 10/08/2009

okay company to work for

From Salem, Oregon — 03/17/2009

The place that I worked at was pretty good. We had to option of being crossed trained in retail and also getting a raise due to the fact. They also gave us the option of getting our brokerage license. Depending on what type of employee you were you got what you deserved

From IRVING — 08/16/2008

RESPECT: Well, you almost always start out in customer service, but after a year, you get trained for six weeks, and then you fly. After a year of good performance, depending on your degree, if you have one, how fast you are, and how well you interview, there are tons and tons aof different departments, branches, and corporate levels you can apply for. They are very good when it comes to letting you explore opportunities, even if you want to cross train with antoehr office just to check out the job.

Salary- It's extremely good if you start off in California and move to a different state. In most cases they let you keep your California salary. I can not really speak for other states, but I can say that I have heard both bad and good about starting salaries and increases. That is the bad thing, you never really know what your increase will be, or if you will get one. I have gotton one almost every year, but the most I got was 10%, and that was becasue I promoted to a different department. Later that year I got 1.5%, and the next year 3%. Not really a big deal.

Benefits- They are a Fortune 500 company, and the benefits are great. Very good Medical coverage, 401k plan, that lets you take out three loans at a time, dental, life insurance, pre paid legal services, tuition reimbursement, and tons and tons of time off. One of my co-workers started a year ago, and literally called in sick about twice a month, and it took them a year to fire hime.

Job Security is ok where I am because I am in Auto Loans. Our mortgage and banking done seem to be doing very well at all, but so far I have not had any information pertaining to my job being in danger.

WORK AND LIFE BALANCE

From Charlotte, NC — 08/06/2008

Pay is good compared to other industries and companies. I confirmed this via recruiters and other offers. WB has fair market values... you just have to get to the market values.

Work life balance is important at least in my job. I am not in a sales role.

Benefits are probably average. I hear medical benefits are cheaper just about anywhere else. However, where else can you get 4 or 5 weeks PTO starting! Great benefits, great work environment.

Career advancement can happen if you work at it. But don't expect mgmt to really help out... they say they will but they don't.

Overall good company to work for. I've been to a lot worse.

From Atlanta, GA — 08/04/2008

Wachovia is like any other large corporation. There are some highs and lows. Yes, the new hires are paid more or just as much as the employees who have been with the company for a number of years. That's normal according to the employment statistics and re-evaluation of job families. Wachovia had excellent training. Yes, even before the Wachovia/First Union merger. If you're in retail banking, and in an FS role, you're as good as your last sale. Each month is a new beginning to obtain that $1mm loan, $1mm deposits, and $2mm investment goals. It was very stressful. You must work long hours and every other Saturday. Not to mention your lead calls and Lord have mercy on your soul if you didn't work your book of business and update your leads! If you know what you are getting into prior to your first day at Wachovia, you should do well.