Working at Virgin America airlines — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Virgin America airlines pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Virgin America airlines

From Burlingame, CA — 06/14/2010

I'm confused by all the negative feeback on In-Flight experience here, so I need to add my two cents. The pay isn't great, but it's not great at several other airlines. The people who make money by being a flight attendant have worked for their company for years --- Virgin is young, and our most senior people have worked almost three years. Inflight needs to understand in order for our company to succeed, we can't expect to make $60,000 like Southwest flight attendants do. We aren't there yet. And the pay is enough to live on if you are frugal- I've been able to live credit card free the entire time I've worked at VA and I have travelled all over the country and to foreign countries as well.

As far as "respect" goes--- I feel like the company does respect their In-Flight. We are constantly getting emails congratulating us for our hard work. Some people are just butt-sore for no reason. We can approach management about ANYTHING and they listen.

Benefits are good- if you pay for the higher plans. Our 401K just got upped and the matching contribution by the company is excellent.

Job security is high. I don't care what people say. Of every single person I know of who has been fired in the past two years, THEY HAD IT COMING. I must type it in capitals--- but it was obvious. It is hard to get fired at VA. You have to have messed up so many times before they fire you.

Work and Job balance is what you make of it. If you work 130 hours a month, you job is your life, and it's not a bad life. Having minimum hours during the holiday and summer seasons suck, but you can still arrange your schedule so that you have a block of days off and a block of days working.

Career potential--- I know so many Inflight who have gone on to work in the company in other positions! If you are a good, respectable employee, you can advance.

Location--- you can live pretty much anywhere and commute, but I guess Burlingame isn't special. Except for LouAnns.

Co-Workers--- The best in the industry. Funny, smart, cool, hard working, supportive--- our in flight is absolutely amazing.

Work Environment- we work on the newest planes in the industry, with an amazing in flight entertainment system. Customers love our product, they love us. Working for any other airline would pale in comparison.