Working at Vigo County Federal Credit Union — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Vigo County Federal Credit Union pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Vigo County Federal Credit Union

From Terre Haute, IN. — 02/25/2009

Pay- For what I do it isn't bad I suppose. But for what I do I could and should probably get paid more for dealing with the public the way I do.

Respect- I don't get half the respect I should. I sometimes feel like I'm looked down upon from above and for as small place like it is that shouldn't happen.

Benefits- They pay 100% of insurance which is amazing and very hard to find. However, Overtime is severely frowned upon!

Job Security- There are many people who could do what I do and am sure that if put to the test my position could be cut and hired in someone else for less pay more than likely.

Work/Life Balance- I dont work any weekends at all and Im usually out of here around 5pm daily so thats great.

Career Potential/Growth- Pretty much non existant. The few positions that are here are already takenand taken by people close or just above my age and odds that I was to become Operations Manager/ Vice Pres./ President/ Loan Supervisor are very very slim to none!

Location- We are in the heart of downtown Terre Haute which isn't a huge place but it is enough of a pain in the arse to make getting to work frustrating because of being completely surrounded by RR tracks.
But soon to have another branch by the end of July out east.

Co-Worker Competence- There are only a few people here I can really stand. Some are completely clueless, some are complete jerks and others are cowardly! But I guess you'll have that anywhere. Hopefully its in a smaller concentration than here though.

Work Environment- The place is cheap. It buys used or discount equipment. You have to have modern and new tech. stuff to do what we do here. You can't just half a$$ things and expect it to get done right.

All in all Im just happy to have a job in todays market. I'll do what I have to to keep it