Working at Victoria — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Victoria pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Victoria

From New York, NY — 07/01/2009

ok honestly i read trough all these comments and i dont know what you people talkin about. well i dont know how it is in other states but the store i work at in herald square is awesome. i get great pay (better than any job i had before), i get awesome hours, im a part timer but they give me about 35 hours per week. credit cards come super easy to me i make about 2-3 per shift ALWAYS. Wen i first started they gave us a week of just trainin so i was goin out on the floor knowing exactly wat im doing.
my coworkers are great, managers are ok, ive been in retail for 5 years, and trust me every single place you ever work at will ALWAYS have a bitch manager. we have our ups and downs but in general its all good.
i enjoy goin to work.
SO YOU ALL NEED TO QUIT COMPLAININ

From Wa — 06/26/2009

I have worked for Victoria's Secret for almost 4 years and while I haven't loved every moment of it, who can honestly say that they have loved every moment of every job they have ever had!? People don't seem to understand that this is a job! You don't get to stand around and look cute and fold panties, you have to work hard and hustle and sell! It is a retail sales job! I have worked in two different locations and while my first one sucked, I love my second location. The managers are smart, nice and treat me with respect. The benefits are kind of lame unless you are in upper management, but that's to be expected, what non-department retail store job gives benefits to part-time employees?! The location is pretty close to another country, meaning we get some out of towners and they can be rude, but it's nothing a happy attitude can't fix. The job security is great, if you come in with a positive attitude and work hard, you will be fine. The potential for growth is pretty limited, but unless you want to make your career out of retail, I wouldn't worry about it. There are alot of newbies usually flowing in and out, but my store has a pretty high retention rate, so I usually work with some really smart ladies! The work environment is fun and fast paced and for the most part, i love the girls I work with. The hours can be pretty varying, but I'm in a particular role, which I love and I usually get pretty steady hours. Some people might not like to sell credit but it is part of the job, if you don't like it, find a new job. Yes, managers get bonuses for doing well, but most places give managers bonuses for doing well. All and all, I love my job, it's a great place to work and I love my co-workers. If actually having to work isn't for you, then maybe you should find a different job.

From Douglasville, Georgia — 03/25/2009

I have been working for VS for about 4 months now. I have loved just about every second of it. There is plenty of room for growth in the company, the pay is good, and you learn a lot. I definitely recommend it.

From Natick, Massachusett — 11/12/2008

Victoria's Secret is part of Limited Brands and this company is so well off compared to any retail chain today. The company is well off because it does EVERYTHING right! Customer service and experience is the top priority and this can be seen in all of the store locations. This is why the company expects so much out of their associates. All the managers are very helpful providing coaching and education to all associates, but of course that is with my location at Natick atleast. I am 19 and a sophmore in college and i just received the temporary category manager of PINK holiday position, and I have only worked with the company for two months. This happened because i worked so hard for it! Your job as a VS employee is to provide exceptional customer service while selling products including credit. Your there to help the associates find that perfect bra or that perfect outfit and the managers can not expect less from you. Before you waste your time writing and thinking negative about the company perhaps you should realize it might have just been that particular store location, or maybe you just do not have the right personality, dedication to help poeple and motivation to work in the world of retail.