Working at Verizon — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Verizon pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Verizon

From Novi, MI — 09/06/2006

I have worked for Verizon for a long time and the company is (very political. If you kiss the right a$$ and you are a suck up you will go very far. There is no personal life. Work comes first pretty much no matter what. If your supervisor decides that your personal matter is not personal enough then they can deny your personal days. The company does have great benefits, 8,000 year for tuition reimburstment, three weeks paid vacation and also a week of personal time "that you can hardly ever used unless its scheduled" You also get sick time as well. Over all I would have to say that the money is good but the politics that gone on there is not worth with. Take the experience use them for the money to better educate yourself and get out.

From Dublin, Ohio — 09/06/2006

I've worked for VZW for more than a year now and I love it! They treat there employees with respect, the environment is clean and inviting. The pay is good, and the incentives are better I made $3000 more my first year just in incentives. Overall great place to be.

From Virginia — 08/19/2006

Great Place to work. They are very supportive and caring. We have great training programs, good benefits and the best pay in the industry.

From Portland, OR — 08/02/2006

I have been with VZW over a year and I love it. I have been promoted already and I'm on track to become an ASM in a few more months. Pay is decent (I can't complain) I've been paid more but stress wasn't worth the added pay. Career development is A-1! It is what you make of it... I'm in sales and have seen reps doing this for 5+ yrs and not move up but have also seen (first hand) reps get promoted in less than one year. The only stress that I deal with is how BUSY the stores are but then I think that is what I call job security. The company is growing so fast that staffing levels are low at times and it's hard to deal with the masses.... VZW has gotten away from customer service (see reviews from cust service reps). The scary thing is VZW realized this and has refocused their philosophy. It will take some time but customer satisfaction will hit an all-time high this next quarter. With new companies there is ALWAYS growing pains but VZW does a great job with dealing with them... Some quick notes: Bene's are excellent, there are some GREAT incentives to come to VZW, tuition re-imbursement (up to $8K a year), 401K is one of the best I've seen in a company. Training for your position is GREAT as well as ongoing training. I love the people I work with (including my store managers, district and regional mgrs), they are all very personal and not intimidating. I can honestly say I'm proud to work for VZW and would HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone looking for job and a future.

From Andover, Ma — 08/02/2006

I no longer work at verizon but I can tell you I did for 2 years and will never find a job in a call center or customer service field that will pay me 27.71/ hr. The team leaders could be nice depending on who it is. But I also worked in Comcast and they definitely treat you with much more respect. The benefits were very good ( they were free). The only thing bad about it was if you didn't meet your sales quota, they would be on you until you quit because they can't fire you for not "selling". The attendance policy was very strict but how many company's giving upto 4 warnings or being suspended 3x before u can actually get fired? If your good at sales this is a great job to have. Eventhough I don't work there anymore, I can't complain much. I hated the job cause of the sales if it wasn't for that, it would've been perfect. Oh yeah, one thing that sucks is that people there are fake, they like to talk behind your back and then they assume you're dumb and don't know it.

From St. Louis, Missouri — 07/21/2006

VZW's pay is really excellent. Put your nose to the grind stone and you will be rewarded AND be able to achieve many things. Your only road block to success are the ones YOU put there. We believe integrity is at the core of who we are. Benefits are outstanding and job security is just as secure as you make it. Only you can change your work environment by changing your attitude. Those who foster a positive environment will live in one! I know I do!

From Arlington, VA — 06/27/2006

One of the best places to be... Have been here long enough to comment on the satisfaction level... Could not have been better.... This is more than I expected it to be... Cheers.

From Bellevue WA — 06/20/2006

VerizonWireless turns customer service into a score of 10 attributes where a defacto group score your calls - if all boxes are checked you win the big pat on the back. If you answer several hundred calls a month (which you must do) guess what - only 4 calls are listened to and scored so you're percentage is the statistical equivilent of lotto. The supervisors and managers have no self esteem and will not questions stupid procedures and have learned from the original Bell (AT&T) just shut up, put up and hold on tell you drop dead or retire. It is back where the Bell's were in 1980 - where customer services is a glorified "i'm sorry" Mr Customer - screw you - We are now big so all we want is your early termination fee if you want to leave. We are building now, we are shedding trouble customers who call for help. It's a pathethic environment that Corporate America looks to for it's earnings. Guess what, it was a hyper growth market,, watch out from here. Incompetence will surface in very blatent fashion.

From Elgin, IL — 04/26/2006

Verizon Wireless is a great company to work for. Compared to all other cell phone companies out there, they are #1 in paying their employees. I worked for cingular as a customer service rep and the pay was $10.50 hr. I had to wait 3 mnths to get any health benefits. I joined Verizon and received an extra $4.40 more in pay. My benefits started the same day. Let's not even mention that every year we receive bonus checks for our hard work and dedication. Your job is as secure as YOU make it! The enviroment is great, I mind my own business and do my job, that makes it better. My co-workers all work together, you don't have to worry about someone whining it's not their job when help is needed.

From Ann Arbor MI — 04/25/2006

The store I work at in Ann Arbor has great management with excellent treatment of everyone. We exceed our sales goals and are one of the best locations in the state. I worry about some changes recently, but trust my leaders are doing the right thing.