Working at Verio, Inc. — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Verio, Inc. pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Verio, Inc.

From Boca Raton, FL — 06/19/2008

Pay: Verio consistently pays below market levels. The company has a difficult time keeping good employees because they often go elsewhere for more money.

Respect: Some of the managers clearly respect their people and have good working relationships with them. Not all, though. Some managers are petty, vindictive, micro-managing, and generally incompetent.

Benefits: Our benefits packages are ok. They get the job done.

Job Security: This depends on your department and manager. I have seen good people get canned for no obvious reason, and I have seen incomptent jackasses keep their jobs screwup after screwup after screwup.

Work/Life Balance: For the most part, this is a 40 hour a week job. When you leave work, you don't have to think about it. I imagine this is different for management, though.

Career Potential/Growth: Depends on your department. Some departments have lots of opportunity. It seems like tech support is constantly interviewing, for example. Other departments seem to be filled with lifers, and there's little motion.

Location: The company has several offices: Boca Raton, FL. and Orem, UT. The Boca office is close to I-95 and public transit.

Co-worker Competence: There are a few really knowledgable people around, but most of them make we want to scream. I work with people daily who don't seem to speak simple english.

Work environment: Just ok. Not great. There's not a lot of joy in this company. We go to work, we do our job, and we go home. I've worked at worse places, more stressful ones. This isn't a bad way to earn a paycheck.

Caveat HR: The human resources department at this company seems to run everything. Rumor (which I'm not even going to try to confirm) says that when one incompetent person was up to be fired, HR made the supervisor give that person an "improvement" plan instead of just letting them go. HR seems to have a hand in a lot of things that aren't usually controlled by a human resources department.