Working at VectorMAX — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about VectorMAX pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at VectorMAX

From jersey city, ny — 08/02/2009

pay - good for a start-up,
benefits - not right now but Should be sometime in the near future,
job security - was uncertain but is great now, company is positioned for an amazing launch in the very near future and it will blow away everyone's expectations and overcome anybody's doubts,
location - is good because I get to work from home a lot right now, soon we should be moving into a state-of-the-art facility,
co-workerss - are really smart guys who know what they are doing
work environment - is good because everyone knows what to do and when it needs to be done, there is great teamwork.

From Jersey City, NJ — 12/09/2008

Pay: I'm happy with where I'm at. I guess I could expect a little more from a bigger company but I'm satisfied as they are a small business.

Respect: For the most part there is respect and appreciation. It has it's moments like any other company.

Benefits: Currently no benefits. Hopefully we'll get them soon.

Job Security: Things are a little shaky right now but I think they'll get through.

Work/Life Balance: They expect hard work and diligence but in return they are very rewarding with personal/family time.

Career Potential/Growth: The company should be growing within the next 6-12 months as we polish the product and ramp up sales.

Location: NJ/NYC/Long Island area.

Co-worker Competence: Most of the guys here are great. They have expertise in their fields and can think "outside the box." However, we do have a couple of people that, in my opinion, just need to go. But, I'm sure every company has a few "bad eggs."

Work Environment: Very relaxed. As long as the projects are completed well and on-time, nobody complains.

From Jersey City, NJ — 03/27/2008

I actually love working at VectorMAX and I think the company has an excellent chance of success. The things that make it bad are things that are typical of any high tech startup. The main difference I've seen is that most of the people at VMX really want the company to succeed. This is not the place to work if you care about things like work/life balance or job security. This is the place to work if you want to work very very hard and long hours in a difficult, challenging (and as someone above stated - often chaotic) environment. That said, this company has some great technology and a better chance to actually succeed than other startups I know about. And some of it is that the management and the employees (at least the committed ones) care far more about making it a success than about temporary things like whether paychecks come exactly on time.

If you are the kind of person who gets so committed to a startup that you'd gladly eat glass to make it a success, then come to VectorMAX. If not, maybe its not the best place for you right now. But that will change very soon because big things are happening. If you want a chance to grow in your career, a 'chaotic' place is often the best because you get lots of opportunities to prove yourself every day. And when people say 'chaotic' what they really mean is that you have to use your BRAIN and THINK about stuff that at other companies is routine and they have a policy for. At VectorMAX we are at the stage where we are MAKING the policy.

In my mind, it is the best place I've ever worked and is perfect for me at this point in my career.