Working at Vassar College — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Vassar College pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Vassar College

From Poughkeepsie, NY — 08/31/2009

Vassar College is a wonderful place to work. As an administrator, the pay and benefits are great, though, as with most employees in the US, we have been asked to bear a portion of the expenses of our medical insurance. At this time, due to a drop in the College's endowment we are experiencing staffing reductions and general belt-tightening. Alas I fear, for many, the gravy train is coming to a halt because things are changing.

There is good opportunity for advancement and career growth and the work life balance is only less than perfect because so many of us live and breather our jobs. The location, set in the Hudson Valley is beauty personified. I love my job here!