Working at Van Houtte Coffee Services — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Van Houtte Coffee Services pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Van Houtte Coffee Services

From calgary — 02/09/2010

As per comment on Jan 30/2010 , this is what my review on your comment is. You are a very crazy person, all the stuff that was stolen please use it and get some much needed help. You have got to move on as we have, there is not use sitting at home and attacking this company. If you were not so dishonest you would have still been here. Have a great life .

From Calgary, AB — 01/20/2010

Van Houtte is a fantastic company to work for. I have been here for a number of years and have had a great experience. I cannot say that I love it everyday but what job could you??? The staff here are great and I have gained some life long friends. The management is always ready to help you in anyway that they can. Some of the comments that were made on here are abosolutely ridiculous!!! I would recommend anyone to work here. I am not sure how other Van Houtte branches are but I know that Calgary is great. If you don't have a problem doing your job and do your best you will never have a problem here :)

From ablberta — 01/18/2010

I enjoy working at Van Houtte. Every morning i wake up and look forward to going to work. Eevryone is treated equally. I have seen Everyone from Management to driver, pitch in and do physical work when we have a man down, weather it be warehouse work or going downtown to clean machines. They are very big on creating a safe working atmosphere for their staff and visitors. Working there is not like any other place i have ever worked at before, I feel like Family there. The respect that is given and the care is amazing. They have so much to offer their staff and till you have worked for such a company you don't know what a good company is. All in all its the people you work with that makes a great company and i must say i work with some of the best people out there.

From BC — 01/15/2010

I find the executive team in BC to be pretty stellar actually. The leadership is always looking for ways to better themselves and the staff, frequently engaging in skill building seminars, job-related coaching, etc. The people in my branch have been working with the company for years, in its varying forms, and they all bring years of experience and passion to the business. I know the company had to reduce the workforce a little this year, due to the economy and everyone seemed to be treated fairly and with respect. I'm not sure where the below reviewer is coming from but it might be worth talking to the people you had issues with?

With regards to the Nanaimo experience, I can't comment on the issue, but I have met Martin Lane and know he doesn't take cutting staff lightly... it also seems like something else was going on because the HR department is very involved in all employee matters. Your story seems incredibly one-sided to me, failing to accept any responsibility. It would be interesting to see Martin to post here in response...