Working at Valley Yellow Pages — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Valley Yellow Pages pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Valley Yellow Pages

From California — 03/21/2010

This company gives salespeople the opportunity to showcase their talents. There is no cap in earnings. Many find a way to earn over $120,000/year even in these times. The CEO of the company is resourceful and surrounds himself with the best minds anywhere. Expect to see them transform themselves as new technologies develop and at the same time, continue to serve the community by keeping their print directory strong. The next phase of growth may well be more spectacular than their original rise as the public embraces their interactive internet yellow page directory.

From Fresno, CA — 01/08/2010

I currently work at Valley Yellow Pages and wanted to share that I really enjoy working here.

There are a few things that make it pretty great. There is a lot of mutual respect between the managers and the employees. Everyone is very professional and what's also great is there that there is also accountability. This is refreshing. New ideas are appreciated and given the appropriate amount of assessment. Hard work is rewarded and recognized. Those that become unhappy are those that don't work hard and don't like to be expected to do so. The benefits are pretty solid in that the company pays 60% and not just for the individual employee but for the employee’s dependant’s as well. Another thing that is greatly appreciated is that Valley Yellow Pages does a few things that many companies don't do anymore like company picnics, holiday parties, BBQs, potlucks, etc. These things help make it extra nice to be here. Executives are very approachable and down to earth. This too is refreshing. They believe in hard work but also in balancing life with work and understand that family and health are a priority. There is truly no place I'd rather work. and no...I'm not an senior exec or the HR Manager.

From Santa Rosa, ca — 10/24/2009

I've been the Valley Yellow Pages as an Account Executive for three years and make close to a six figure income. It's not the easiest job in the world, but the people who fail, and there are many of them, aren't really cut out to be sales people. I commute 50 miles to the office each day, over a mountain, and I wouldn't do it if the rewards weren't there. I tend to overlook the office BS. Regardless of several decisions by management over the past year that I've been less than enthusiastic about, I'm still making money. Yes, I work weekends, book early morning appointments and late appointments 100+ miles away from my house, but I'm there to make money, period, and that's what it takes to be better than the average Account Executive who refuses to do what it takes to make money and then blames everyone but him/herself for their failure.

The bottom line, if you can sell then this is a decent job. If you're looking for a real "career" this might not be for you, but if you're looking to be compensated for hard work, and I work very very hard, then you'll make $70,000-$80,000 your first year. The people making $60,000 or less are the ones who whine and complain about the company. They're the ones who don't/won't find new business, aren't building relationships with their existing renewal accounts, and are generally refusing what it takes to be successful.