Working at Valley Lines, Inc. — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Valley Lines, Inc. pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Valley Lines, Inc.

From butler pa — 01/20/2010

I have never experienced a place where I actually enjoy going to work everyday, sure there are days when it is crazy and out there, but what job isn't. The people I work with I am very proud to call my friends and co workers, sure there are a few quacks, but what work place with this many people doesn't have that.
I am very proud to say I work at Valley Lines, and would call 99% of my co workers my friends. I think that is saying a lot about the company and it's employees. Most of these people would give you the shirt off their backs and do just about anything for you.

From Butler, PA — 09/11/2009

I'm a school bus driver. I don't know what's worse ... the company or the school district. They're both pitiful, IMO.
I've been driving or 18 years. I have to honestly say that I HATE my job. I hate everything about it.
There was a time when I enjoyed it. I found it to be ideal & I was content. But with each passing year, it seems
to be getting worse and worse.
First - the pay is awful. Every year you are given a raise, BUT they are adding more students/stops to the run. I would gladly give back the lousy dollar if they take off that extra HOUR of running around.
Second - the kids are getting worse. WHY? I'm sure there are many reasons. The main reason probably being the lack of discipline both at home and within the school system. It's a joke!
Third - The owner of the company is a TYRANT. He talks down to the employees & treats them like they are a bunch of braindead idiots.

The school district - ha haha... Let's start with Transportation! There's a certain someone that is living proof that you don't have to have an education, or a high school diploma in fact, to do that job. There's only ONE job you DO have to know how to do.

If you ever consider becoming a bus driver - DON'T! Don't put yourself through the misery.