Working at US Cellular — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about US Cellular pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at US Cellular

From Tulsa Oklahoma — 07/14/2010

this plae is awesome!

From illinois — 09/25/2009

I worked for an agent location for about 3 years and i have to say it was a great job.

pat was great for what little work they wanted from you.

respect is you only get what you give.

benefits were ok but i didn't partake in them except the paid vacation.

job security was ok unless you didn't get along with a manager like i did.(respect is a two way street)

career growth was minimal. I just wanted to stay in sales because it was easy and good pay for NO real work.

location well they were all over the place (the agent locations i worked for)

coworkers were great never had much of a problem there.

work life balance is something people need to lighten up on this site, I mean ITS RETAIL! if you dont like working weekends and holidays just quit and find a 9-5 job that you have to actually work at.

From Tulsa, OK — 08/19/2008

I've been reading a lot of negative remarks about U.S. Cellular. I don't know about the working conditions of other locations (whether in a store or in a call center) but what I do know is that my experience in the call center in Tulsa was very good. I'm not one for being a cheer-leader for any company, but in all honesty, U.S. Cellular is by far one of the better places to work (at least in Tulsa). Tulsa seems to really attract a lot of companies that do business using call centers. I don't know if this is because the cost of living is lower than the national average or what, but it seems like there are plenty of call centers in that town. I started out making $11.99 per hour with a shift differential for working 3rd shift. Overtime was plentiful and I never had a problem working the hours I chose. My only real "complain" is that the job I wanted was not available. I knew I would have to start at the bottom (customer service) and work my way up and quite frankly I chose not to do that. Instead, I quit U.S. Cellular and went to work in the I.T. field (computer desktop support) because the starting wage was higher ($17 per hr). Had a computer tech support position been available at USC I would still be employed with them as I feel they have a very good work environment and benefits package.