Working at URS Corp. — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about URS Corp. pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at URS Corp.

From Denver, CO — 01/22/2010

It is all what you make it, I believe. The opportunity exists for people to excel and contribute. The pay is fair and the expectations are high. Employees need to understand the requirements for consulting engineering firms - where our jobs are to find solutions for our clients and sell those solutions. In uncertain economies our jobs are more difficult.

In our office we have technical experts who are well respected and who teach younger staff the tools of the trade. These coworkers are amazingly talented and add to an interesting dynamic in the office. 90% of the success for individuals at this office is tied to their attitude. These are the people who would excel anywhere, but we, thankfully, have more than our share of them here.

From Denver, CO — 12/08/2009

URS has changed over the years with its various mergers and acquisitions. These changes have made for years where there was some uncertainty in what the new company would look like. But I can tell you that I've worked here long enough to know that URS has made great strides and great improvements in many areas. This is a large company that is trying to stay competitive in the marketplace while at the same time trying to take care of its employees, and keeping everyone happy is an impossibility. I think it's a good place to work and I think the management structure is strong and sound. I would recommend it to anyone who asked.

From Michigan — 10/03/2009

Pay
They paid me just enough to make it by.

Benefits
Good health care plans and holiday/vacation benefits.

Job Security
Good, we had a government contract, so being laid off was unlikely.

Work/Life Balance
Good

Career Potential/Growth
Practically none. Raises were very poor, and there was never talk of promotions. My boss even told me there was really no where to go in my position.

Location
Good

Co-worker Competence
Average