Working at UPS — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about UPS pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at UPS

From Alpahretta, GA — 08/04/2008

I work for UPS Supply Chain Solutions. I was very surprised to read some of the comments posted by other UPS and Supply Chain employees. Overall, in the 10+ years I have worked at UPS-SCS I have had nothing but a positive experience with my management team, benefits, work/life balance and co-workers. Sure, there are occasional co-workers or managers that you would like to see "booted" out the door, but isn't this true in any company?? I have had some ups and downs myself with regards to promotions or working with others, but it not been anything that bad that I couldn't handle. As well, there are lots of safeguards in place to prevent employee abuse (Human resources, anonymous help line, etc). Anyone that thinks this is a bad place to work has one of several problems: No initiative, looking for a free ride, unable to effectively work with others or simply don't know how to function. Donít get me wrong, I have seen some people get a raw deal in the past. But itís few and far between and frankly, had they just stood up for themselves it probably never would have happened. People have tried to bury me in the past when they didn't like my opinion or what I wanted to do. The reason they have never been able to do that is because I don't just roll over and take it. Instead, I provide logical arguments and facts to back up my actions which leave little room to bury me for no reason. Another thing, if I do make a mistake I just admit it and try to fix the problem instead of trying to cover it up or whine about why its someone elseís fault I messed up. That concept has always worked for me and my management at UPS has been the best, most supportive management team I have had. I can say that for all of the managers I have had in the past 10+ years. So, the moral of the story is if youíre a hard worker, have some initiative, are willing to always do the right thing, can stand up for yourself when needed and have something to contribute I think you will find the UPS and UPS-SCS is a GREAT place to work and build a lifelong career!!

From Bozeman, MT — 01/10/2008

I was a seasonal driver for UPS and I liked it. It was long hours and hard work, but the pay and people you work with make it worth it. I didn't rate a lot of what is asked, but I can comment on the pay-as a seasonal, I made almost 15/hr, but those guys that have been doing it for years make upwards to 30/hr. Soooo picking up their slack for 1/2 the pay...kinda crappy, but other than that-no complaints. I would go back next year if they needed me.

I am not going full time because the job security isn't there for new drivers.

Oh and the coolest thing about UPS during the holidays?!?!!? All kinds of gifts, free stuff and happy customers.

From New Orleans, LA — 11/05/2007

I haven't been there too long, but I really like it. It is part-time so I am still able to keep my day job. The work is very physical at 1st, but it seems like the other jobs really aren't that bad. All you have to do is put in some time and hard work and you can be set for life. Oh, and the benefits are free..... they pay for your medical insurance!!!!! I would guess that most of the negative comments are from people that don't like the hard work at 1st. It can be easy to beat yourself mentally at this job. Be strong... it's just boxes!

From Houston, TX — 07/27/2007

I have worked for UPS for many years, as well as other companies, and there is a reason they are always in the different magazines as one of the best companies in America to work for. Everyone starts out part time, so it's easy to balance work/home life, the pay is excellent (once you put your time in), and the benefits are incredible (they pay for health, dental, and prescription insurance for your entire family). It's easy to move up in the company, in my area, they're practically begging people to move into higher positions. And job security...well, let's just say that the union is very strong at this particular company..it's not going anywhere. It's easy to get a job there, all you need is a healthy body and perserverance.