Working at United Site Services — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about United Site Services pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at United Site Services

From Oceanside/Vista CA — 07/14/2010

I thought this company was a good company. I worked back in 05 to 06. I worked with a guy named Doug Brimmer. He was a good guy with a bit a of a temper. We were a small group of guys who took care of business all over san diego. I believe the stress on him would trickle down to us and get the best of him. The money was decent for what we were doing. There was lots of over time. Keep them toilets flawless and you keep your job. So that is what I did. I was fired by doub for speeding in a pump truck supposedly...... then later hired for a new company on his request. The same guy that fired me comes to my house in an outside city and offers me a job at a new sanitation company. The point being if you do the work you have nothing to worry about. I worked with a good group of guys and I would go back to this company in a heart beat.

From California — 01/21/2010

I have been an employee of United Site Services for sometime now. I almost fell off my chair when I read this post. This person is obviously a disgruntled employee, who does not truly understand what it takes to manage a company. Or maybe they were left over from the past Porto-San company boondoggle, unhappy that employees now have responsibilities and accountability.

Before I came here to work, I checked out the company and its management. One of the consistent things I heard and I have found to be true, is the reputation of Kevin Mellifont. Everyone I spoke to said that one of the things most admired of him was his loyalty to his employees, and all said, given the chance, would cherish the opportunity to work with him again. I have found him to be an extremely fair, employee conscience person while having the difficult task of running a large region. Sometime hard decisions have to be made, and unfortunately, it seems you were caught up in these decisions. Nobody would layoff productive and loyal employees. Maybe you should have channeled your energy into you job, rather than writing ridiculous posts. I would surmise there is more to the story than you are letting on.

You also state this company is “the worst in the Industry”. You can say that compared to what?

United Site Services and Kevin Mellifont run their company with a specific goal to grow the marketplace with good employees while still trying to maximize profits for the owners. Go and try and find that in this day and time.

By the way, if you think these accolades could only come from an individual himself, it did not. I'm just one of his LOYAL and HAPPY employess who dramatically outnumber the unhappy.