Working at United Insurance Group — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about United Insurance Group pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at United Insurance Group

From Sacramento, CA — 09/09/2010

I read some of the reviews of the interview process and frankly was surprised. First of all, gasoline at $4.25 a gallon? clearly this person exagerates. I was in the room at that interview process as well. It sounds like someone's ego got brusied because they did not get selected. For the past 15 years I have been working as a Recruiter and have seen many company's interview in this manner. it is not uncommon and does not mean that a scam is going on. I was impressed that the interveiwers were so up front with everyone. insurance sales is almost always commission only and as such is up to the individual. If you are a "true sales personality", this is usually the way you will like to work, and you will know that earning $150,000. is very doable. However, I did not hear him promise that. He promised that you would earn $50,000. in your first year if you worked hard. So I don't know what room those other two were in, but clearly it was not the same one I was in. or maybe they just did not have the "listening skill", which is why they were not picked for this very important insurance sales job. This is not a scam, it is a job that could poetentially lead to a six figure income. for the right people, not order takers or admin people. if you cannot report the facts accurately, keep your opinions to yourself. no one cares about your sour grapes. pearly

From Chicago IL — 09/02/2010

I rated pay low because it's based on your sales, and it takes time for it to accumulate. The people working for this company will bend over backwards to help you out if you need it. They are professional and want everyone in the company to succeed.
There is no scam, it's insurance sales and if you don't work for it you don't get paid.

From Duluth, Georgia — 05/01/2008

I have been at UIG for more than a year an so far it is the best job I have ever had. I work with people I really enjoy. I have made great money and have been promoted three times. Yes, I do make my own sales appointments but I would have it no other way. I control my schedule that way, rather than having someone else control my schedule. I also make all my appointments in the same zip code so I don't spend much in gas. I don't like the idea of someone telling me how much I should be paid. At UIG I control my income. I decide how many appointments I will have each day. I much prefer 1099 income because my car and home office are business expenses. If someone can't succeed at UIG something is very worng. I would suggest it's the individual who failed not UIG. They have provided me everything I needed for success except the skills I brought to the table.

From Duluth, Georgia — 04/29/2008

UIG Career Agent Division. What a scam. There is churn like you wouldn't believe. You can make money selling the medicare supplement policies; but, you will spend more on gas making sales calls than you make in commissions. They have a non compete which limits your growth and they love telemarketing (which the agent is required to do). The sales managers love to teach bullying techniques to new sales agents. They don't care about the policy holders; they just want to beat last years sales. They also 1099 but want complete control over your activities including two days each week at the office making telephone appointments from call lists.