Working at United Health Group — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about United Health Group pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at United Health Group

From Roanoke, VA — 09/21/2010

ALERT

The Roanoke Call Center is a festering cesspool of mismanagement and melo-drama. Incomptence and incoherence with a big dose of tone deafness permiate the punitive atmosphere from the disgustingly filthy call floor to the disgustingly myopic so called "leadership."

If you want to work in a place with marginal benefits for a huge company, need a daily dose of "do as I say, not as I do", and think that low pay with no job advancement are a good careere move, then this IS the place for you.

The so-called training and training management is a joke. You are expected to be perfect as they force feed you "opportunites for improvement" while at the same time making judgments and pronouncements based on gossip and dysfunctional rumor mill BS. The are ripe fofr a union organizing effort and for laughs, I hope it happens, if for no other reason than to show these self aggrandizing legends in their own mind see just hoe out of touch with reality they are. It would be funny to hear them say, "What just happened"

UHG-Roanoke is a true expercise in futility where management says the words of corporate psycho-babble in one breath and in the next decry you when they could not do what you were tasked to do. Very out of touch.

Also many hires are the bottom of the barrel even in a bad economy. Those that are working here are smiling at the managers while plottng a way out, (including the contractors) So be prepared to have coworkers that are childish, self centered morons who aren't smart enough to pass a vision test, then complain to others that their own short falls are somebody else's responsibility. Many are single mutha's barely smart enough to pass a pregnancy test.

A word to the wise, even if you are desparate, avoid this place like Cherynoble. You will be glad you did.

From Tampa, FL — 08/08/2009

I really can not believe how many negative remarks there are for this company. I worked for them for 4 years before I left due to the birth of my son. I loved working for this company it was a good job and the people were nice. I guess it all depends on what position and state your in. I enjoyed my work and didn't mind getting up going to work. I had a few problems with one person and a manager but nothing major and these things are bound to happen. Your not going to get along with everyone all the time. I can't speak for the other states but I would recommed working at this office.