Working at Unisys — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Unisys pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Unisys

From Bangalore — 12/11/2009

Its the best place to work. I am with unisys for the last two years. Unisys give enough opportunity to its employees to grow in the organisation. The IJP process is a great success which help internal employees to do their dream role. I would recommend unisys to friends.

From Arlington, VA 22202 — 10/04/2009

I have been working for many IT companies and Unisys is the best company to work for. I have enjoyed working for Unisys. Technically, I have leaned so much during my time with Unisys.

I am deeply regret that Unisys lost the TSA contract. I do know that the management team and Unisys engineer has worked so hard to support this contract.

From NSW — 06/17/2009

PAY - Is anyone ever happy with their pay? Pay at Unisys is not fantastic and it's damn hard to get an increase, but I think it's market driven and you need to negotiate at the start.
RESPECT - I've worked at worse places and the people at Unisys are decent and professional.
BENEFITS - Many benefits have been withdrawn to save costs - no free lunches here! But they still provide salary sacrifice, education assistance and insurance is paid by the company via the superfund.
JOB SECURITY - On going restructure and off-shoring of work means there is not much job security. I think this is a fixture in the IT industry.
WORK LIFE BALANCE - I like working at all hours and mixing personal with work duties. This means that I start early, take a break to do domestic stuff, take the kids to soccer, then finish the day after the kids are in bed. I don't have a 9 to 5 routine, which gives me more control on how and when I get the work done. One of the top reasons I want to stay here.
CAREER GROWTH - Not bad. I had 2 promotions in 2 years, with another promotion in the pipeline....it can get political, but if you're good at what you do, someone will eventually recognise it.
LOCATION - I live 10 mins to the office and WFH most days, so it's a winner!!
CO-WORKERS - Most are competent, some are experts in their field, some are twerts.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - Given all the restructure that's going on, it's not the best environment to be in. It also depends on location; Canberra has lots of energy, Perth is muted, etc.
My tenure is heading towards the 4 year mark and I don't regret coming to Unisys.

From Rochester — 03/13/2009

I worked at Unisys for five years until this December 2008 when the Rochester center was closed down. This place was a great place to work no pressure and great supervisors,This place treated me like a family member, and even when my wife passed away the employees managers and even the top CEO in Rochester came and paid their respects. I have never felt more at home and was very sad to leave this company,

From Canada — 02/14/2008

Pay: Depends on your role, experience, education. I think HR does a good job of paying within Canadian ranges by role. I also think that HR stays on top of this information and does their best to remain current.
Respect: Very professional company. I feel respected and I respect my coworkers completely.
Benefits: Pretty standard as far as IT companies go and comprehensive insurance plans today. The only people with pensions nowadays are teachers and government employees it would seem! They do have an RRSP match system which is excellent.We train extensively through Unisys University where staff can take an unbelieveable amount of excellent courses for development. Many of these courses are available online.
Job Security: Job security at Unisys is no different than anywhere else (publicly traded companies). Profitability and meeting publicized targets each quarter drives job security.
Work/Life Balance: I work a lot of overtime because I love my job and I feel what I put into it is what I'll get out of it. Although it would be nice to take it easy a bit more, we are in an age of PDA's and emails and you just have to be away for an hour to experience a work backlog! Still, if I don't want to work evenings and weekends, then I don't.
Career Potential: I think the management team has a willingness to promote competence, a positive attitude, leadership, and drive. Growth provides opportunities for advancement.
Location: Not bad. Need new phone system.
Co-Worker competence: Excellent. The culture is very much "can-do" and team-work. Tons of competence but sometimes a challenge to find the right person to talk to.
Work Environment: The culture at Unisys is (in my opinion)fantastic. I have worked for a lot of IT companies and this one is a gem. It operates a bit like a family. I've never seen a company be so loyal to their people.