Working at Unisource — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Unisource pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Unisource

From Toronto, Ontario — 06/14/2010

I work for Unisource Canada. I noticed another review from Unisource Canada out of our montreal office (again a good review) We work under a different mgmt team than the US although they still report to Bain and to the UWW mgmt. I was really shocked to see the horrid reviews for the US. We have very low turnover in the canadian offices because the working environment is very good, better than any company I have ever worked for. We have always been profitable in Canada and quite frankly the mgmt team here treats all employees with respect and appreciation for their work...they actively seek input from operations. You are held accountable for your results but you are given the tools and support you need to succeed. There is more overtime than I would like but we are very lean and quite frankly I don't know any jobs anymore where that isn't the case...sign of the times I am afraid. I am glad I work for the Canadian operation and not the U.S.!! What a shame for my counterparts in the states.

From Columbus, Ohio — 11/16/2009

I actually worked for Unisource twice. When I went back the second time, I left a job I had been at for over 5 years and lost my job after 10 months. I understand things happen, but the piece of crap company didn't even give me 1 week of serverance pay. I was doing a good job & meeting my collections numbers, so I found this to be a pretty discusting way to treat some one. We had some not so great producers in the department & they received severance based on time with the company. Good thing for them that they didn't get what they really deserved. It didn't take me anytime to find my current job that I like a lot better than Unisource, so I'm glad the piece of crap job moved!!

From Pleasanton, ca — 11/20/2008

With the economy in its current state, I am one that not only appreciates what I have personally, but also appreciates the fact we still have a job to report to. If the employee aka (the follower, represented by a union because they cant think for themselves)thinks the Managers, Supervisors and CEO are so terrible, then its a no brainer that they should resign now, get their own business and try to operate a company, see a positive return at the bottomline and make all their employees happy. Its called work for a reason dumb dumb, and if you dont like to work for all the yahoo's and Geritol crowd, then step up to the plate and be part of "change" or QUIT!! Unless you are held captive in your place of employement and treated like a slave, I beleive you are employeed at will, and noone will stop you from leaving. Your type of negative attutide brings down the rest of the employees that enjoy their jobs and continue to do a great job in our current enviornment.

From Montreal, Quebec — 05/14/2008

Very good place to work...cares about employees and their development. If you add value to the organization, they will treat you very well...salaries are true to market...Management team is very good...organization is very lean, things are very busy but support is available and you are treated with respect. Probably the best employer I have ever worked for.