Working at U.S. Bank — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about U.S. Bank pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at U.S. Bank

From Encinitas CA — 09/17/2010

Employees are surveyed for satisfaction, upper management does care. I like the company and would recommend working here. Many of my coleages have come over from Chase and like it too

From riverside, ca — 02/10/2010

The pay is below other banks in the area. And it's true that raises aren't guaranteed. But come on, it's no different from any other job. You're not going to get promoted or get raises if you don't hit your goals. You can't just stand around as a teller and expect more money.

I've worked at other large banks and the culture isn't bad at all. Some locations are not as well run as others though so watch out.

From Seattle, WA — 01/29/2010

Pay - I personally feel like the banking industry needs to pay their tellers more. I was a teller and got paid 10.50 from US Bank in Seattle, WA. They want you to sell product after product, balance every night and deal with irate customers for 10.50?! Amazing.

I felt like the stability of my job was good. During the beginning of the recession, the company had hourly employees, full-time from 40 hrs to 38hrs which is way better than being fired. I liked that part. Oh and salary employees got a 2% cut. Also they do offer positions for advancement, but often advertise to the public so those become taken.

The benefits were good and had a lot of choices. They let you invest in their 401(k) when you start employment unlike annoying places that put you on a 30-90 day wait. I must say US Bank was extremely professional with our celebrations and how they treated their employees when they actually made money!! I was a teller in the Bellevue district. Anyone who works for US Bank knows about the Bellevue district in Seattle because we were #1 nationally, so our parties were nice. They let us have a hotel room to ourselves with one guest and an awesome auction party with Wii, Playstations, $500 gift cards from Best Buy, etc. I don't know how that will be with other districts that aren't performing.

I have to agree that US Bank charges ridiculous fees on their checking accts unless you make them money by have a couple of thousand in your acct. i had to put up with a lot of people saying "omg. $5 money order?!" YEAH. a FIVE DOLLAR MONEY ORDER.

From MInneapolis, MN — 01/03/2010

I have never worked for an employer who respected its employees so much. I feel rewarded working in my department, I look forward to coming to work each day, my boss is a wonderfully flexible individual who treats each of us as adults. I love working here!!

From Waukesha, Wi — 04/01/2009

I was a teller at USBank. I had little experience in the banking world and they gave me a chance. I enjoyed working there for the most part. The bank is well run and the system is mostly good. My problem was with pay. I was payed 9.00/hr and 2.5 years later...the same. I heard people at other banks in the area made 10.50/hr. I did like my co-workers but my manager was a jerk. He constantly berated me and threatened me. All in all, I would try and work for a better paying bank.

From MO — 06/04/2008

This is one of the lowest paying banks when it comes to their employees. Pay is based on incentive and incentive is based on sales numbers which are raised higher each time too many employees actually manage to reach it. New fees are thought up regularly to charge customers for anything & everything. Tellers can advance on to being either a banker or manager. They do train their employees in their job & offer ongoing education.Benefits are available but expensive.Job security is based on performance, & raises are awarded based on meeting incentive. Locations are available most everywhere as far south as TN.Plenty of ATMS too.