Work at U.S. Army — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about U.S. Army pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at U.S. Army

From Connecticut — 03/14/2008

I read some of the reviews of the unenlighted few who have left desparaging remarks about the the United States Army and I am not impressed with their meager arguments. It relects badly upon them depicting only their ignorance.
The Army is one of the last bastions of integrity and honor left in this country. If you can not see that then yes you should leave because obviously you are selfish and self serving. Personalities aside I served for over 23 years and can say that my entire experience was one where I met and worked with the finest people who cared for each other who sacrificed everything including life for freedom and wished only to perform to the max with or without recognition. Suffice to say if you perform in the Army you will be recognized and well rewarded both monetarily and personally with achievment awards. Military service is not for the meak and timid of spirit. It is for those who can muster the courage to serve under very unusual circumstances that most Americans will never be required to experience. While either in training or in combat there is unbelievable stress that requires control of both mental faculties and physical endurability. Your rewards are the respect and the comradeship for your fellow soldier albeit officer or enlisted. This exclusive community of warriors is forged out of shared hardship, commonality, equality and sometimes the hell of combat. I can only say soldiers took care of me because I took care of them. It is the creed of all who serve: soldiers first, mission always. Never forgetting our humanity and love for the humblest of souls including treating righteously the enemy who surrenders.

I challenge the submitters of hate on this web to commit to being an honorable soldier, to sacrifice, to challenge yourself to go beyond, to suffer real pain as I and my brethren have and who still call with pride and honor the US Army home. I think you lie and use this formum to deceitfully confuse the uninformed. Those of us who are VETS and served over long periods and committed ourselves to the ultimate sacrifices know you lie. We live and have lived the truth!

Very Respectfully,

Retired US Soldier and damn proud of it!

From Texas — 10/16/2007

I have been in the Army over 21 years. Let me say it has been a great career. I am a Field Grade Officer so of course my pay is higher but I too was enlisted. I have had good assignments and assignments that are not so good. The Pay in the long run is good, respect depends on who your boss is. Most are good I think The benefits--ZERO deductible etc. Job Security is excellent. There are so many benefits to further your education that no outside company can match. The work environment is good but sometimes you work in very old buildings. You are given time to spend with your family as well as get the job done. Also a great place to get proficient in the use of computers. Overall, were ever one works, they will always have a boss and have someone telling you what to do. You get tax free housing allowance unlike any company gives you out there and is adjusted based on the cost of living in your area. There is lots of opprtunties for promotion and money to further your education.