Working at U-Haul — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about U-Haul pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at U-Haul

From Phoenix, AZ — 06/15/2010

I worked in sales and reservations. I give pay a neutral rating because it is largely up to you. You get a base pay around $8 per hour, then weekly bonuses as long as you pass your monitor call, and they are based on how many reservations you make. The more you reserve the more you make. My supervisor respected me and was awesome overall, and was helpful. There is a decent work/life balance, except for end of month weekends you always get either saturday or sunday off. Lots of opportunities for extra hours too. Job security is good, you either need to get a good bit of attendance occurrances or mess up pretty bad. Plenty of opportunities to move up to management or senior sales agent. Location is a 5 because I worked from home. Co-worker competence is up there, we had a Q/A team to answer anything we didn't know. The work environment again is awesome because it is at home. Only downside is you will have to dealwith angray customers sometimes just like any job.