Working at TOLMAR — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about TOLMAR pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at TOLMAR

From Ft.Collins — 03/16/2010

This job is good, the pay can be better, the upper management could be nicer to every one!!!

From Fort Collins, Co. — 03/12/2010

I've been employee with this company for several years. I love working for a company who produces great products for patients. That part of the job makes me feel really good about being involved with Tolmar.
Sadly, this company, has of late, used intimidation so much with the employees that most everyone is fearful on a daily basis of losing their job. Over the years I've witnessed many really good people come and go because of a few key personnel in certain departments. Those same key individuals are in upper management and are allowed to belittle, intimidate, and virtually make a person's life there so miserable that they finally quit or they are let go. It is my opinion that if those few individuals were gone, the work environment and moral of those around, would greatly increase and I truly believe that people would be saying once again...This is a great place to work.
In the beginning I was always so proud to say where I worked and how much I loved working here. Well, I still love my job and I'm extremely proud of what Tolmar represents, but unfortunately, I'm very disappointed in how things have been handled lately between management and our great staff. Hopefully "Top management" will read these reviews and start asking some questions. As we have all seen, no one is irreplaceable, even the few individuals who are causing so much unrest.

From fort collins — 03/11/2010

if you no longer work here you need to shut up

From Fort Collins, CO — 02/18/2010

I worked there for 9 years. It was a very good company to work for, with a lot of opportunity the first 5 years. During the 2nd 4 years, management was changed and the new and current management absolutely refuses to treat people with respect; absolutely refuses to recognize a job well done, or appreciate unique skills which keep the company running effectively. Their management style is by "brow-beating" their employees into submission and fear. Human Resources at Tolmar is a representative for the management, not employees, and the more incompetent the manager, the more supportive of them Human Resources and upper management are. I do not recommend working at Tolmar. I quit this position because of constant harrasment on the part of my manager, Earl Carter, and the lack of support of the CEO, Mike Duncan.

From Fort Collins, CO — 01/08/2010

A great little company with a lot of potential, a good location and fellow employees. Upper management however, a completely different story. Temper tantrums, back stabbing, scapegoating, and lies.

"You do not lead by hitting people over the head that's assault, not leadership."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

From fort collins co — 01/05/2010

I've never been treated worse professionally then what I was at Tolmar. Upper managment rules by brute force and intimidation on everything - whether you are sweeping a sidewalk or putting out a fire. It would be a fantastic place to work if the leadership team was replaced.

From Fort Collins, CO — 01/04/2010

I worked at this company for 6 years and then was shown the door with no reason, no bad reviews (ever) and nothing but praise from my co-workers.

The work environment there is very stressful. EVERYTHING is seen as a crisis or an emergency even when it is not warranted. Good people are let go (very high turnover in the manager and professional ranks) while sub-par performers are kept as long as they say and do what is politically correct.

Personnel are shown no respect. They are berated loudly and publicly in meetings. I am writing this first review because I just found this site, but will encourage the many other former employees to do the same to hopefully keep others from going there to work.