Work at Time Warner — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Time Warner pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Time Warner

From Cincinnati, Ohio — 06/30/2008

Pay: I'm in an entry level professional position, so my salary isn't the greatest, but I make a good living. I'm getting paid equally as much as I was in my last job that I left for this position, and the benefits, security, work-life balance, career potential and work environment are all far superior.
Benefits: Time Warner's benefits are excellent. They have a generous 401k match, full medical/dental/vision, low premiums, and give us a choice of two well-respected health care providers. The free cable and internet doesn't hurt either!
Job Security: As long as you are performing your job well, there are relatively no worries about losing your position as far as I am aware.
Work/Life Balance: Coming from a job where this was non-existent, I feel it is wonderful. I work mostly with other young professionals, and there is rarely an issue of not having balance. There aren't any people in my department that ever complain about not having a good balance between their home life and work. We often stay in the office untili 6:30-7:00PM, but even then it doesn't really feel like a burn-out situation. When we have work to do, we do it-- otherwise we go home and enjoy the time off. Time Warner gives us ample vacation, personal and sick time should we need it.
Career Potential: If you do a good job, they recognize it. It's as simple as that. It is definitely a company in which you could build a long and rewarding career.
Location: I work out of Blue Ash, which is about a 20 min. drive from the city. It's close to I-275, I-75 and I-71, making it an easy commute to just about anywhere in the greater Cincinnati area.
Co-worker Competence: I don't think enough can be said about the quality of individuals that I work with. You can trust any one of them to their job, and do it well. All members of my department are extremely intelligent, have great interpersonal skills, and are very good at their individual jobs.
Work Environment: Again, it is an extremely professional environment. We like to have fun and joke around with one another (with in reason). I have never witnessed any inappropriate behavior or rudeness toward any coworkers (I'm not saying that it's never happened, but I've never seen it).

Overall, Time Warner (Cincinnati) is, in my opinion, an excellent place to build a career and make some great friends. If anyone has the opportunity to work for this company, I would recommend taking full advantage of it! The quality of the people-- both personally and professionally-- is unmatched in my experience.

From NY, NY — 09/17/2007

Pay: Depending on which department you are working for, the pay is either great, or awful. If you are valued, you will definitely make money.

Respect: Again, if you are a hard worker that is valued by upper management, you will be respected. On the converse, there is a very distinct "boys club" that you can be a part of if your personality matches up.

Work/Life balance: You are expected to work past 5 if you need to, and you definitely feel like you need to check your email when you are not at work (including on vacation).

Career Potential: Growth opportunities are few and far between. Many people have been stuck in the same positions for years without promotion (this is not the case for me, I've been very lucky, but I work my a** off).

From New York, NY — 06/14/2007

Without having ever known what my dream job was, I actually landed it 3 years ago when I joined TW Corporate here in NY. I have been treated with the utmost respect since my first day on the job and have been given so many opportunities to grow (personally and professionally) and thrive on the fact that I am surrounded by the brightest and most talented groups of people within the entertainment/media industry across all disciplines. My work is challenging, thought provoking and ultimately, extremely fulfilling. This company practices what we preach and I feel very fortunate to be working in this family!

From syracuse, ny — 02/10/2007

Overall TWC was a good company to work for. I worked in customer service. The job itself is awful, but Time Warner did their best to make it as bearable as possible. There were always themed days and small prizes to keep things light and fun. The hours were awful (nights & weekends) but I knew that going in. Pay was about the same as any customer service job, but TW has great benefits. Company also has good events...Christmas party and clambake. One year they rented a whole water park one Saturday for all the employees. Also, corporate always had incentives like if you make a suggestion that saves the company money, you would win a cash prize. Good intranet with easy to access info. Some good supervisors, some awful supervisors, just like anywhere.