Working at Tim Hortons — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Tim Hortons pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Tim Hortons

From Vancouver Island,BC — 09/12/2009

I have worked for Tim Hortons for a long time and at 4 different locations in Three towns. Tim Hortons was also my first job and I always seem to go back. I love it. I am supervisor and the staff I work with are amazing. I get paid well and the benifits arent that bad either. It does get a bit tiring working day shift because its so fastpased. Its an easy job and its not greasy like most other " fast food"..

From Ontario — 04/07/2009

For a job that pays minimal it's all right.

The company hires way more than what it needs but since it has a high store volume I guess that's acceptable. Usually the new hires quit in about a month. Apparently being hired full time means only getting 8 hours a week.

Depending on your location the befits vary. The family that owns my store has a deal at a car shop in which we can get 10% of repairs/maintenance packages. Also free donuts and coffee is a plus. (Don't know about the other stores)

From Halifax — 11/12/2006

Love my job and customers (most of the time) and here in the East the customers tip really well. Move to the East! My employers work my schedule to my needs and I love my co workers. Pay is only okay, but then there are the tips of course.

From Burton, MI — 09/23/2006

This job was alright. I started at only $5.25 an hour, so the pay was really crappy. Then again, I was 16 when I started, so that probably had a lot to do with it. I got a raise within a month, which was surprising, up to $5.50. Easy job to learn. The customers are mostly all nice, older people. Pretty laid back, unless you work in the early morning, then everybody wants their coffee and donuts. I didn't get too much along the lines of a tip, a couple dollars here and there.