Working at The Madden Corporation — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about The Madden Corporation pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at The Madden Corporation

From Waipahu — 02/10/2010

Well, since the economic crisis last year, our pay was reduced, and for some the hours, too. There was word that this was a temporary thing for about a year, and something was mentioned that we may get part of our pay back in April 2010. But at the rate business is going...haha...wishful thinking! You can only get respect if you give it. There are a lot of naysayers and people that think they are better than you...whatever floats your boat, I suppose. There's no advancement, not at the rate things are going. The only absolute plus about working here is the location...sad but true. Co-workers help one another as best as they can, though, there are individuals that try to make everyone's lives miserable just for the sake of making themselves look good. There's a word for people like that and it's called "brown noser". The overall environment is okay. Morale fluctuates with the seasons I suppose.

From Waipahu, Hawaii — 09/29/2008

It's sad to read all the comments and the negativity. TMC is not that bad of a place to work, its just some ex-employees (particularly one person who recently left on bad terms, who probably wrote all of the comments)are so hell bent on giving it a bad name. You have to move on and get a life...if it was that bad then why hold on to the bad memories and keep reliving it?

45-hour work week - There are so many complaints about a 45-hour work week...you are well aware before taking the job that it is a 45-hour work week, if you are so against it then, don't take the job and bitch about it later!

If you want a workplace where you can slack off and get paid while doing it then go find a government job. If I were paying people to work then I would expect them to work and not dilly dally around the office. How would feel about paying someone to do something half ass?

There is a network of ex-employees who probably get together and talk about TMC because they have nothing better to talk about and to this day still know what is going on within the company - why do you need to know, if you have left and supposedly found better jobs and have a better life that why hang on to the past?

Pay - the pay is decent, higher than other company's out there. If you do your job and do it well, they give raises every year...even when the economy was down.

Respect - the hard works get the respect they deserve. Employees who like to slack off, talk stories with co-workers and spend too much time making coffee and not actually doing some work (something that you ARE paid to do)of course get hounded on.

Benefits - it is what is expected from a family-owned company. They provide medial, dental, merchandise discounts (which is very generous), matching 401K. Even when the economy was down, we had casino night...which they didn't have to do. It was their way of showing their appreciation and to have fun.

Job Security - like everywhere else, no job is secure.

Work/Life Balance - I have not heard anyone being denied from taking time off other than during inventory or Madden Day. What do you expect from an employer? To come and go as you please? If so, start your own business!

Career Potential/Growth - This is the only downside of the company, there is no room for growth.

Location - this is the best thing! Great for people who live on the west side, no traffic and save money on gas from travelling into town. A plus for the east side too because it is against traffic! No need to pay for parking because parking is free!

Co-Worker Competence - There are some co-workers who complain about everything, they are the ones who need to go. Other than that, I've had great co-workers

Work Environment - Very professional

From Waipahu — 09/10/2008

Just made 5+ years there. Still shaking my head at that. For what I do in the company my pay is better than what I had expected. I've only been promoted 1 time and doubt that I will move beyond the dept that I am in. I've never had too much problem with getting respect from the Madden's, VP's managers (except for one person whose initals begin with PP)or the more important ones (the little people).

The benefits are the pits. They keep taking something away every year. I feel secured with my position--only because I know no one else would want to do it. I can't complain about work/life balance because I have been fortunate that my immediate managers have been cooperating with whatever family issues that I have. Surprisingly.

The plus has always been the commute. Maybe the parking at times can get frustrating since we have to park on the side streets or in the back by Fuji.

Can I say that I absolutely love my co-workers. They help keep me sane. I'm sure I would have left by now if it wasn't for a handful that talked me out of it. I enjoy all that I work directly with and indirectly with.

The overall work environment could be better. Yep, we're never good enough or doing a great job when the managers get their asses chewed. And if you do stand up for yourself--well expect to get a written notice--I think I have at least two. So you're seen as a trouble-maker but the minute THEY need a favor from you--you're the best damn thing around.

As much as I don't want to retire here--I probably will...sigh. I never give anyone a head's up about applying for a position with this company. I know better. yeah, I guess that $250 referral is a bonus but I rather not have any of my friends or family end up hating me because I got them in.

The company's biggest probably is the high turnover. And that's extremely bad when you've got employees with 5-plus years walking out the door. I've come close.