Working at Teletech — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Teletech pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Teletech

From Morgantown, WV — 04/11/2010

Overall this is not a bad place to work. You do have to be able to do phone customer service (all inbound). The training program does leave quite a bit to be desired. There are a lot of people that I wouldn't hang out with outside of work. The pay isn't bad for the area. As long as you show up and put a little effort into the job, you're not going to get fired. The supervisory staff is pretty good. I would recommend Teletech to anyone who can handle customer service.

From Buenos Aires — 04/06/2010

The pay was terrible but that's what all American companies do in South America so I cannot complain.
But I met very good people there and i'll be for ever grateful for that.

Long life to GDC NOAMER Team!!!

From Chicago,Il — 11/05/2009

I've been working with Teletech for 3 years now. It's a job and what you make of it is up to you. Work is easy if you don't mind and appreciate the concept of "good customer service". Ttech prides themselves in providing quality professional service and those that "swim upstream" don't last. There are bound to be tech issues in the virtual environment and understanding that is a large part of this type of work. Getting started can be a challenge but being self sufficient and self motivated are some of the requirements of the positions. I started out as a seasonal employee and am still there! Nothing beats the location and the commute!!

From kalispell, mt — 08/07/2009

you start at 9.75 and if you actually show up to work you get 75cent raises every few months. in this valley that's more than any person without a nursing degree could ask for. if you respect the people around you, you will be respected. it's a call center there's not a lot of room for you to act out your drama. and unfortunately that's mostly from the "adults". we have full benefits. which with all the health problems i have and medical bills, i'v gotten reinbursed for over $400 in the last 2 months. i also got glasses for free and went to the dentist for the first time. if you actually try and do your job, you have job security. when we had a lay-off everyone who was fired was on one of their last written warnings. (there's a verbal and 3 written for most things) i work 2 jobs and they're really flexible as to helping me fit work around my 18 credits that i'm also taking this fall at college. teletech is one of the best trained call centers in the u.s. anyone who says otherwise, hasn't worked somewhere worth mentioning. as well as, now, i can walk into any banking center and get a job. or transfer to a diff site in another state. my site handles bank of america calls for credit card, online banking, california checking, and reg checking. i worked with credit cards for 11 months and recently switched to cali checking and olb. but it's all about educating customers and finding a way to help them. whether it's immediate like fee credits, or long term as far as advise on investing and planning. location is kinda on the north-west side of town. so if you live south of town there's no way around going downtown. but be responsible and leave on time and it's really no big deal. some people just shouldn't work in customer service.. but since you can never know eVeRyThInG about a line of business you can't judge others on what they don't know. all the info you need is avail, if you just look for it. the enviro is a little dusty, but it's also an old building, so kinda expected. basically i love my job at teletech. i take everything i learn and apply it my own financial accounts and planning. and try to do my best every day. and that's the biggest thing here as well as in any job enviroment.

From Greenville , SC — 05/20/2009

hi, i am a current teletech employee in sc. The pay isnt so bad here, I would say its better for people in school or getting out of high school bc pay starts at about 12. I have been year for about a year and i make like almost $14. It is very true that if you ever fall a corp call with them all good you have done is erased. They act like you shot someone, and sometimes it just happens. The benefits are good and the people are ok. If you are out of a job, or needing more then $12 an hour and can handle stress. go for it. It is one of those KISS ASS JOBS

From greenville sc — 09/08/2008

i am working for tele tech in greenville sc, and i dont have to many complaints i have started there and needed 2 days off for school and kids i was given that ith no hassle , your working in a call canter so what can you expect other then a tight ship, all call centers have there down fall when i was working for charter cable umm i got paid less and got to do so much more work with out pay incresses i found tele tech at least is willing to pay for the work to be done , the job is not hard and i dont mind it the benifts are great for the price and the size of my family , i cant say enough about tele tech personnal i think its a good company over all .

From Birmingham, AL — 04/24/2008

I have been with Teletech for a long time. No matter where you go or what you do, there are going to be likes and dislikes. Different strokes, different folks people. Pay, I can't complain. Respect, is excellent from the managment staff. The benefits are decent. Job security, is decent. Work/Life balance, is great (but I don't have kids). Career growth is great if you want to excell. You just have to turn heads. Location is ok. Co-woker competence is ok. Work environment is ok.

From Tampa, FL — 04/20/2008

I agree... be thankful if you still work for teletech. Since they left Tampa we were left with a company (APAC) that is much like hell on earth. Everyone who worked for Teletech misses it and so very appreciative for the way we had it.

From TAMPA — 04/19/2008

After this company left It made me realize how wonderful they were. We got incentives, time off, holiday lunch-ins and also a HR department that acted like they cared. The pay was wonderful. They gave yearly raises and there was the change to advance in the company. I felt like there was respect for workers and most of the concerns could be resolved with the deprtment or site manager. Dress code was casual and jeans could be worn monday-friday. Why would the jeans be a issue with this comany when they were located across from car dealerships and parts companies. I understand their contract expired with the vender and boy how I wish they could have made a deal to stay.

From Southeast Asia — 06/16/2007

Teletech is a fairly good call center company when it comes to their equipment and facilities (here in our country), but the salary and benefits are very unsatisfactory compared to other call centers here. I just resigned form teletch a couple of months ago and I found a bigger and much better company. Politics is very rampant so veen if you're really good, you might not get a promotion if you're not friends with your superiors..QA is very strict and most of the guidelines are not even significant. Most OSC people don't know what they're doing. most forecasts are wrong and most of the time, there are less agents during queueing hours/days.