Work at Teleperformance USA — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Teleperformance USA pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Teleperformance USA

From Columbus — 11/21/2008

I know some of you and you didn't even work there a year. You started whining about how bad it is at Teleperformance. I've been here long enough to know its not a bad job if you keep your crap together and not cause problems. You say woo hoo. Well you know what I was an agent also once upon a time. Yes for the work you do the pay is worth it. You go anywhere else and bitch and complain like you do here. You won’t have a job in a week. We hire a lot of under skilled agents who think they know everything about there jobs right out of training. ha you have no idea how much you don’t know about your job. Some of you don’t even know how to leave notes about what you just did on the call. I know for a fact that some of you never even got higher than a 60% on your QA scores. Why? because you were too busy smarting off to your supervisor because you couldn’t get the day off, or because you had to take another call then go to break, or you got pointed .25 EAF for being 5 minutes late if your late...your late get that through your thick skull and you might just have a job until you get to 6 points. You know how many times you can be late or call off and you still get pointed out at 6 cause your too dam lazy to leave on time to get to your seat and login? Worthless! go work somewhere else and be late more than 3 times and see what happens. No job for you at all. If you don't like it here just leave. It will make a lot of people happy when you go. Last week some of the agents danced a jig in the isle because we fired an agent just like you. Life is short go work at Burger King just so I can come get my food from you and laugh.

From fairborn ohio — 10/28/2008

i have worked at fairborn ohio now going on 6yrs. we have gone through alot here.
i am a supervisor on the night shift and love my fellow co workers and management.
the is fair but i think we should ge paid more than the agents . Benefits are ok
i really don't think we should be open on thanksgiving and christmas it's going to
be a waste of time and money. i want these days off again:)

job security- this is a hard one. as a supervisor i understand we are running a business ,
i strongly believe that we have the best agents and they deserve to be treated with respect
but if they commit fraud, call advoidence and or don't come to work they must go....i think we
need to be more mindful esp now when it comes to this.

work life balance is not bad , again we should be more flexiable here
the location is great although you have a parking issue and a landlord that is
mored concerned on who can park where then taking care of lighting, pavement
and filling the parkaide. he also needs to chill this is a public parking area whether he
relizes it or not. don't try to even tow my car buddy i sue your ass and show you how to run it right.

co worker competance is low .....agents rather ask a supervisor for answer than do there job and look it up.
i not one to say this out loud but clearly did you look it up in kms???? need better communication between supervisors
and they need not to be leaving the floor all at once . i am a firm beliver in taking all supervisor workstations away and one
station for avaya use only . theres no reason we can't go to supervisors office for one hour to do paper work thats needed. this will get
us in bays and coaching as we should be.

work eviroment is improving. but we need a porter during mid shift hours. esp
in cleaning bathrooms and trash removal.
otherwise fairborn

From Fairborn — 10/18/2008

Pay- I have been there approx 14 months started at 8.50 now I make 12.75. On Jan. 1 2009 I will make 13.25. So you think about that what you want but I think it is awesome! Respect- I feel very respected at my job If you just ask for what you need without crying about it, you'll get what you need. Benefits-Not the greatest but in all honestly for someone 20 to 30 where do you get good benefits in this country? Let me know ill be there. Job Security- Just like at any job if you do what your supposed to you will keep your job if not DUH. Work Life balance- I mean when you have to pay bills what job is a good life/work balance. Career Potential/growth- It is very easy to move up in this job. And unlike the last reviewer that wrote about TP i disagree with him saying that you only move up if your friends or going with someone of managment. The only reason it seems that way is because those are the people that have been there the longest and have become friends over the years. Not a lot of people stay here cause yes it is very stressful but if you like to be challenged you will love this job. I easily get bored so the change keeps me on my toes. Location- I have no problem with fairborn i love it! Co-worker Competence- I love my co workers personaly i dont think there is a single person that i have met that i just couldnt stand there. Work Environment- May vary from morning to nights. I work Nights and the environment is perfect for me very laid back. Working with the customers can be frustrating and stressful i think having a little fun makes it not as bad on a person.

So yes all in all its great for me. Sometimes it does feel like I would be better off somewhere else, but I just try it tell myself give it a week or two and by the end of that I feel comfortable with what Im doing. For example the time I have been there I started in customer care was on the phones for about a month went to tech was on the floor for about 6 months and then went to a new billing system still doing tech but learning how to navigate through a new billing system. Now I just got out of ATS training and each time when i first got out i felt overwhelmed but theres a lot to know and you cant feel like you have to know EVERYTHING. There are a lot of tools and people to help you.

From Columbia, SC — 09/19/2008

I currently work for Teleperformance and let me tell you, the people are nice but the pay and benefits are horrible. I am working with the AT&T DSL project. We only get paid 9.50/hr, but we have to dress in business attire. With that pay, who can afford to buy the clothes. I used to work with AT&T, got paid 20.41/hr to do almost nothing, and could dress casual daily. I ended up leaving the company because the office I was working in closed down. Working with Teleperformance will help me get back with AT&T faster because they are an AT&T contractor. Please believe, I am not trying to make a career out of working with Teleperformance. Not a good company to work for if you have a family because the family plan insurance is so high it will take most of your paycheck.

From Brownsville , Texas — 08/08/2008

i think that in any company you will find people that are not happy with life and they become angry or have only negative things to say well i don't think that this is a bad place to work at but that is my opinion because in every company if you don't get a promotion (to some people) it is the worst place to work at, but it's just envy because they do not get to move up in the company , in this business it really does not matter if you have a degree of some sorts but how well you treat people whether it be co-workers, team members or customers.

From Brownsville,texas — 08/07/2008

As far as Teleperformance USA @ Brownsville, Texas is concern, I have only one thing to say; if you want to get somewhere in this company you have to know someone. Make friends with the gay manager, who according to one agent he was seen at a local gay night club one night. The two asst managers well have no idea most of the time of what they are doing. I have work in this place since it opened in November of 2007, applied for supervisor and QA, but was refuse; keep in mind that I have the minimum requirements ,i.e. associate degree, a year away from my communications degree…I have also had at least 3 years experience in customer service.
Now when my friends and I applied they (Teleperformance, with BoostMoblie as the project) that we would have fun and active environment, well I do not have to tell that well, they lied. Recently, four good Supervisors got demoted on the excuse “so they say” that they were not going to hire any more. But recently, I found out that an electric company is thinking of aligning itself with Teleperformance. So on one side of the building it will be Boost and on the other the electric company. Curiously, some agents, think that they will be given a chance to move to the other side of the building, what they do not know is that if they want to work for this electric company they have to quit and then apply for employment with electric company. You might ask yourself well how those he know this well. Let just say that the floor has ears, not really the supervisor are always talking in front of the agents and the big white hope of an asst. manager is always flirting with the girls and some info at that moment is spill. Well enough said, I would not like say something that would get me in trouble, but I saw the post and decided that yes they where right…..

From Brownsville, Texas — 07/13/2008

Pay: Good for the region.
Respect: agent from the customer- none; agent from supervisor- varies; agent from ACCM-none, they are expendable.
Benefits: alright if you are single, not good if your married, but don’t worry you wont be married for long with this job.
Job Security: agents-if you want to work there then you don’t have to worry about job security. Supervisors- you wont be fired just demoted,
Work/life balance: our sight was open to serve the Spanish speaking demographic so if you spoke it you got what you wanted, if you didn’t you where expendable.
Career Potential/growth: this depends I was a Sup and I have had about one rep a month get promoted to Sups; training; qa; ect… other sups did want any body moving up.
Location: Brownsville Texas it is located in the second poorest county in the United States as per Date Line NBC so at $9 an hour if you hit the hours to get the wage most of the people will put up with the abuse.
Co-worker Competence: there are a lot of call center in this area so there are good agents out there. As for management.
Work Environment: the customers abused the agents the management dosnt help and the supervisor are the buffer.

T.P. USA opened a center in Brownsville, Texas to cater to the Spanish speaking market. They sent down a Supervisor that no one wanted to promote in Idaho to be a ACCM, I think to just get rid of him. They also sent his two best friends as sups one whom was promoted of the bat to a job that was never posted. This is the power trio. The ACM sent down from Ohio has potential but dosnt have a back bone so the Trio rules. There is one other ACCM who is the only one worth the title, whom I wanted to work for (”lovable” esoteric reference). Work Environment: The four imports “white-Caucasians” whom probably never seen a Hispanic person are now in what can be considered northern Mexico. This ignorance set off many blunders. Add in the fun management manager that is to hung over to show up to the events coupled with their lack of experience and skill created the lowest moral I have ever seen. Our client is Boost Mobile so 9 out 10 callers where angry: drug dealers; pimps; prostitutes; people with bad credit that cant get a contract phone; and a few cheap people. All of that lead to the poorest attendance enterprise wide. Career Potential: my reps that wanted to move up I first sent them to the good ACCM but he didn’t any product of the Trio. I had meny of them promoted. The trio ACCM only hired supervisors that could take a (fill in the blank) that was women and gay men. Only two of them where good hires and guess who’s team they came from. That ACCM in on a Final written for handle time so hopefully he will be out soon. If your just look for a job to buy toys or supplement your income then work there, don’t make it a career.