Working at Teleperformance USA — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Teleperformance USA pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Teleperformance USA

From Ogden, UT — 08/25/2010

Its a call center, what can i say? I dont expect the customers(im on the ATT project) to be all amazing. But thats customer service anywhere. So look at it as a freakin job. We get paid well, its full time with LOTS of overtime possibilities, the work enviroment and management team is amazingly helpfull and willing to move you up asap if you are COMPITENT! you can not be some retard(as half the people who rate this as negative are) who expects everything to come easy and to be handed your paycheck on a silver platter. Yes you have to show up to work and yes it has to be on time. Your expected to do your job and if you suck, guess what... THEY DONT FIRE YOU!!! they work with you to fix what ever it is you are not doing right and you get hands on help. The benifits are expensive, but they are there. The location is as safe as it gets for being in Ogden. Co workers are mostly people trying to get easy pay and then realising you actually have to perform and work... then end up quiting. most likely (as im finding out) if you keep a positive attitude, TRY HARD, and keep trying to get better(yes that means you have to be able to take critisism you panzies) then you will most likely do one of 2 things. Move up or stay an agent simply because you get sales bonuses. And no its not a hard core sales job, just have to make an offer. If the customer doesn't wanna hear it, drop it and move on. Simple as that. Bottom line, for as easy as it is to get this job and what the job entails, the Ogden call center is AMAZING! Ive worked here for 2 1/2 months and am seeing movement opertunites. Give it a shot and if your honestly looking to do work, this is a good job for you.

From Columbia, SC — 07/25/2010

I suppose if I were to simply concentrate only on the negative aspects of my career at Teleperformance after 5 1/2 years, I could quite possibly come up with quite a bit of complaints. However, the truth of the matter is, the majority of people that have chosen to stay, have done so for a reasons. Mainly, the work environment has improved greatly, thanks to the efforts of our previous general manager, as well as our current manager and support team. After reviewing the complaints listed on this site, I have to wonder how many of these individuals have actually voiced their concerns with anyone that could review them in an effective manner. Don't get me wrong, the place is far from perfect. But in truth, there's no such thing in this day and age of a perfect workplace. But I do see tremendous efforts on the part of everyone in upper-management and hr (locally and at the corporate level) doing their very best to review all employee concerns, WHEN they are made aware of issues, that actually seem legitimate (not spiteful, by disgruntled or unhappy ex-employees). Sure, the pay could be better, but considering the unemployment rate here, and nationally, I am greatful that my concerns have indeed been reviewed and when warranted, appropriate action has taken place... especially with the addition of the new DirecTV account. There are a number of other call centers in Columbia that seem to offer better pay, benefits, etc. But from what I hear once they take you on, they "own" you, personally and professionally. The truth is, no one in key positions can take appropriate action to make things better, or correct seemingly wrong-doings, if they are not made aware of this issues some employees encounter. Also, there is a chain-of-command, that leads all the way to the corporate level that WILL address legitimate concerns, usually in a timely manner - in my experience. The bottom line is, you cannot do a mediocre job, come to work only when you feel like it, not report true problems in a timely manner, and then expect things to magically improve; ANYWHERE. I've personally witnessed Teleperformance in Columbia improve dramatically over the years, since it acquired the original CallTech company.

From Columbus OH — 05/18/2010

OK, I'm pretty new to the company so I can't speak a whole lot to many of the topics here. However, the number of extremely negative reviews is distressing to me. Not that I'm terribly concerned about how things will work out for me; it's a job and I'll make of it what I can. In my opinion, there should be some additional questions to be answered before people can post a review. Example : Were you fired from this company? I'd be willing to bet that at least half of the horrible reviews are from digruntled former employees. Several of them admit to being fired within their review. Hopefully people are taking these with a huge grain of salt.
Another example question: have you ever had a job before? When exactly did you leave Wonderland and come to the real world? So many of the things that are an "issue" in the reviews are reality at almost ANY large company. Bosses who are, or appear to be, incompetent; co-workers who bring their drama to work and try to turn the office into a soap opera; substandard equipment. Really?? If these things cause you to become disillusioned with a job or a company as a whole, you are in for a LOT of disappointment in life.
I used to work for one of the best companies in America (a major airline) and I had some crappy bosses and crazy co-workers and had many less than desireable working spaces. Still, it was a job and it was stable and I was happy to have the opportunity. Teleperformance may or may not work out for me; it's too soon to tell. But I'll give it every benefit of the doubt because contrary to reports the pay is excellent for most of the projects, the people so far are friendly and it's only a 25 minute drive from my house. In this economy, please remember that those of us who have jobs are LUCKY. There are business people with 20 years of work history who are trying to get hired at Walmart for crying out loud. To get something that pays almost twice as much as minimum wage and that invests many weeks of time and effort into training should be considered a blessing. If you're considering this company, don't let the reviews scare you off (note how many of them contain profanities or are filled with gross misspellings; very professional). Give it a chance and decide for yourself. That's what I'm doing.

From NA — 04/21/2010

I have to admit some of the comments above are true and some of them are F***ing retarded. I have worked at Teleperformance for 3 years and to be honest, I enjoy it. It's not always the greatest job in the world and the stress level is pretty high, but I have never felt had a job like this before.
The amount of respect I get from my team mates and managers is pretty good. Before I worked there I had never really had a manager that was more than just a "boss" . I think from working there I have really grown and learned many things.

Unfortunatly not everybody has had this experience. At my location I think the turnover rate is due to bad work ethic and not just company policy, however I do agree some of the policies are difficult to follow or not enforced properly.

There are many days where I hate my job, but theres one thing that can always make my day better and thats when my team is happy. I love my co-workers and some of them are the kindest people I've met.

From Texas — 04/16/2010

I work at TP for extra income. so I cannot complain about the money. Unfortunately, there is a lot of racism at our location. The level of respect you get depends on your nationality in a lot of cases. I am not interested in the benefits since I have other insurance so I cannot speak for them. I am not really interested in job security because as I said this is a job that I don't necessarily depend on to live. Balance is okay. I am single. Doubt I will advance since I am not really suited for this work. It is much too stressful. The location is fine and completely safe. I have a lot of very good co-workers but there are always some who have issues and they take them out on others for no apparent reason. Our building is okay but we have generations of mice. Our management seems nice but there are always pricks no matter where you work. You just have to deal with it.

From Tunaville, Pacific — 11/05/2009

best telemarketing job ever. if you love telemarketing. oh, crap, nevermind. terrible terrible job cold call cold call cold call sell sell sell teriible

From Ogden, Utah (at&t) — 10/09/2009

I have worked at the Ogden location for about 3 months now and the reviews I have seen for this location arenít very accurate to my understanding. There has been a big project change recently (at&t) and that change has required that there be a lot of changes to the way things are ran..at least thatís what it sounds like when looking at the other reviews for this location.

PAY- Is better than my previous telecom job ($8.50). In training I got $8.75 an hour and now that Iím on the floor I get $9.75 an hour. In 5 months I will be making $10.25 an hour. I have spoken to other agents and this pay raise DOES happen. This job is seriously the easiest thing I have done. I only get a really difficult call like every three days or so. For the pay it is not hard to help someone out with their cell phone issues. Most calls are customers asking about charges on their bill that they donít understand and if they donít think they should pay it and you agree with them at&t gives you $250 PER CALL to adjust off of their bill. But that all just depends on the kind of person you are. A lot of the time I feel that the charges are legitimate and thatís what I tell them..they usually donít get mad. So yeah basically good pay for what the job asks for.

RESPECT- I donít see my supervisor a lot. Mostly because I donít need to. I know well enough how to do my job by now that if I really do have a question itís usually something that can only be handled by a sup or mentor. How often I see him is beside the point though because when I do interact with him he is very nice and always asks if I need any help with anything. He is very encouraging and letís me know that my work is appreciated. The mentors (floor walkers) are generally happy people, however there are a select few that are a little too serious about life. I usually avoid those ones.

BENEFITS- Okay, the benefits suck. But since Iím 19 I can still be covered under my momís health insurance until Iím 25. The only benefit I have to use is dental because that is one part of her insurance that recently dropped me when I stopped going to college. I donít even know how much dental costs. Ha. I do know, however, that the Aetna plans they offer take half of peoplesí paycheck! This is one part of the job I would not consider taking advantage of.

JOB SECURITY- Great. Before I even had an interview I was asked if I was willing to make a full time 9 month commitment at the very least. I saidÖHELL YES! Again I believe that this is because of the recently acquired at&t project. There is a lot of room for advancement since weíre trying to increase the number of agents by 150-200. I think we just hired 3 new supervisors. Iím looking to advance as well but first I want to make sure I know anything and everything I can about being an agent.

WORK/LIFE BALANCE- Is meh. I wouldnít expect less from a full time job. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday I go in at 1:00 get off at 9:30 and Saturday and Sunday I go in at 10:00 get off at 6:30. I feel my shift gives me enough time to get whatever I need done before work and spend time with my boyfriend after work. This IS the shift I picked for myself.

CAREER/POTENTIAL GROWTH- Addressed this in the job security section. I donít know if would ever consider it for my career, but it is better than a lot of other jobs I think.

LOCATION- Can be scary sometimes. Every now and then when Iím walking to my car and itís dark I get a little creeped out, but there is a fire station right across the street and there are cops there all the time. I think the fact that it is right behind The Junction helps ward off sketchy people also.

CO-WORKERíS COMPETENCE- Is also meh. There is this one woman that loves to complain about every aspect of her job. But other than that if you have a question to ask someone you are more than likely going to get the right answer out of them. Every one there is good at being pro at one particular thing so something youíre not too sure about could be what the person right next to you has already perfected.

WORK ENVIRONMENT- Is awesome. There is always some cleaning lady cleaning something somewhere. I swear they clean the bathrooms 6 times a day. Thereís a quiet room with two massage chairs that are clean and pretty nice to sit in. The break room is cool, too. It has a big flat screen TV that is usually playing some kind of sport or movie. Two stations that you can play video games at. Thereís a lot of choices in the vending machines, and we just barely got a new vendor in there too! Doolittleís Deli. They make grilled cheese, French dip, Navajo tacosÖthereís other things but Iím not usually hungry at work so I donít know what they are for sure. The only bad thing I would say about the work environment is sometimes itís hard to find a working computer. Thereís currently like 9 computers that donít run systems correctly but they all have tickets submitted on them so theyíll be fixed within the next month.

I like my job at Teleperformance Ogden and I think thatís mostly because at&t has their balls in a vice. Ha ha.

From New York — 09/27/2009

it is a job. i have had worse. i had no experience and then i worked here. do people really believe all the super great things they say in job description? yes it is a terrible job but just work and ignore the bs and you can get paid

From Boise, ID — 03/05/2009

Thi job is the best job I have ever had. The Pay is good for what you do. It seems really tough at first but if you stick it out for a month or 2 you can easily become a pro at this job. There is about as much respect to be expected from a call center here. We get a party once a month for everyone who is doing well in their stats. This can be upwards of 60-70 agents. There is plenty of room for growth because upper management changes alot. As long as you treat the job as a job and not like a joke then you don't have to worry about getting fired. People who do get demoted or fired usually are trying to cheat and cut corners cause they don't want to work hard. I wish there was more one on one training and accountability for agents who do not do their job properly. It is to easy to get by with doing your job poorly. This usually us because other agents are too spoiled and think everything should be handed to them. They don't want to learn new polocies but that is what this business is about. All in All if you want a job that is challenging and has tangable goals and stats then work here. You will get daily updates on how well you are doing and how to improve. You can easily excell

From Ohio — 03/01/2009

Ohio-I have worked for Teleperformmance for the last 3 years, and I have seen a lot. The pay I think is not bad, I started at $7 an Hour in training and makes around $12 now. Of course I went to work and applied myself in order to move up, and I am now a trainer. That is not to say that I do not agree with a lot that goes on with "The Good Old boys club". I know that it goes on, but eventually everything comes to light, and when it does all that is done in the dark will be out in the open. When I am at work I demand and give respect, almost everyone refers to me as Mr., out of respect for me, because I show them the same. Yes there are a lot of supervisors, and support staff who do not display respect, and have their position because of the Good Old boys club, but it has to start with someone, and there are a lot of disrespectful agents as well. This is a real job, not an after school special, or a place to kick it and hook-up. If you do not want to really work and do your job then stay home. This can be said for all employees. I think all benefits plans are a rip off, and I do not have any so no comment. I do believe my job is secure as long as all these people who want to come to work and steal from the company, in the form of getting a paycheck in which they do not deserve. Are fired or quit before they close our doors. A lot of this has to do with their hiring practices; a lot of these people should never be hired, for a company that wants to project a professional image to the business world. I my own personal situation my life and work do not balance very well, but itís a catch 22 either way it go, do I think they could work more with me yes, is it horrible of them that they do not, not really. The career potential and growth I believe is in the eye of the beholder, when I started their I should have be promoted a lot sooner than I was, but slowly but surely I am getting where I need to be, by hard work and perseverance. The location I believe is okay I live in another city, and I do not worry about my safe when I am there. My co-workers competence varies, a lot of them I do believe should not be in there position because of their lack of job knowledge, but there are a lot of people who are not in high positions that have a wealth of knowledge and should be in higher positions. Our work environment has been constantly changing, and my hope is that one day it will get better. Seems too be going in the right direction. Over-all I do not think this is a bad place to work; they have just made some poor decisions when it comes to management in what seems to be a lot of the sites. But this can be corrected, and I am sure there are enough of good employees at each site that they could probably solve the upper management problems. There also must be a corporate responsibility to ensure that no corners are being cut when it comes to making sure employees are being taken care of in the form or wages, benefits, working stations, and equipment, along with supervisor's and support staff who are capable of doing their jobs.