Working at TECHNIPAK — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about TECHNIPAK pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at TECHNIPAK

From tricities — 04/10/2010

Great hours, good pay, great locations and if your ready to do an honest days work for an honest days pay, it's well worth it.

From Gray, TN — 01/10/2010

I have worked at Technipak for almost three years and have been promoted twice. I have always been treated with respect by those that work for me and those that I work for. The company rules are pretty standard and they are strict about attendance. I guess some people feel like three unexcused absences in a 90 day period isnt enough. Whatever! The building does have a few issues, but what older building doesnt. We recently opened a second warehouse just a few miles from the origianl building. Needless to say, it is in much better shape due to the age of the building. Growth potential has reached new heights in 2009 and 2010 is expected to be even greater. I am excited about the upcoming challenges! Could we have better benifits, yes. Could there be better control of the warehouse temperature, yes. All of these things will occur as the buisness continues to grow, I am willing to stick around and witness these upcoming possibilities. If something is worth having then it is worth working for! For all of those that have posted negative comments...all I can say is it is a better place without you. Sounds like there were some people that thought they were owed something that they didnt receive (or deserve). That is what happens when someone thinks they should be handed everything up front and then show that they can work hard enought to deserve it. Life doesnt work that way, grow up! Obviously you werent "good" enough to work at such a "horrible" place. What does that say about your character? I would like to say a word of thanks to the owners for providing a place for approximate 80 people to work at during these rough economic times.

From Gray — 07/23/2009

Technipak is a cool ass place to work! The pay starts off a bit slow but they give out raises regularly. I feel like they respect you not only as an employee but as a person and that is important wherever you go to work. If I had a complaint it would be about the benefits. I wish they had 401k and Dental and Vision. There is certainly room to grow with the company because they do a lot of promoting within. They will post an opening internally before going outside. They always give you an opportunity to advance. Location is real convenient and an easy commute. As far as job security, well your job is as secure as you allow it to be. I certainly feel secure. We are picking up new customers left and right, it is GREAT! If we pick up anymore business we will have to expand. I love the fact the owners interact with the employees, they are real nice people. We have cook-outs, meetings where they give away prizes, had a great Christmas party last year, even had Santa Claus and games for the kids, very family oriented. My kids had a really good time. There are even fundraisers to help the needy.Sure the building is old but I see improvements everyday and that tells me they care. There is heat in the winter regardless of the lies you read on here.I am there 5 days a week, up to 8 hours a day, I know the truth and it certainly is not what is being described by the disgruntled. If you work at Technipak and you don't like it, LEAVE! Make yourself and us happy, besides I have more friends who want to come to work here. Unlike all the negative comments, Technipak is not a bad place to work at all. I have recommended several to work here and I will continue to do so.

From Gray/TN — 07/22/2009

I worked at this company for over 2 years and at first it was an ok job! Pay was bad, but I did go to work every day on time and I did do the Monday overtime, and I enjoyed the work inspite of the no heat during the winter months, and the lack of knowledge of other co- workers not knowing how to do their job. Oh yeah the one bathroom, that was co-ed in the plant! Now that was the first that took a lot to get used too! When the owners moved to CO, that is when it went down hill. When they left the company in charge of their so called, "good friend" whom hired someone from his church that had no manufacture warehouse expierence, and paid her a salary that was unreal! That is when the problems began. Drugs was used and exchanged on a daily, but that is what happens when you hire the first warm-bodied person who walks in looking for a job. If you tell them you can work overtime on Mondays and that you will be there everyday then you got the job! By working hard and doing your job it did pay off, and I kept a roof over my head and food on the table and I did get rewarded. I learned a lot while working there, but I had 20 years expierence in manufacturing and 5 in shipping so I picked up easy. Safety was a big thing with me, and that was really bad, from the unsafe box cutters, to the poor work conditions! No heat in the winter, to the untrained fork-truck drivers, to the poor stacking of shelveing and ceiling leaking from holes,and racks that needed to be replaced. All I can say, is this company was the only job I have ever had that paid poor, but I did make that better thru career growth, benefits were better than nothing, but as far as respect, co-worker competence,work environment, lacking in many areas. I will say I did get a chance to prove myself there, I learned every job and product and I learned every system and I would stay and do whatever it took to ensure our customers orders went out correct and on time, but this is the only company I ever worked for 12-16 hrs on Monday and was ordered out the building on thursday and had several fridays off to get rid of the overtime pay. It was like the company did not care about the orders on those days, just as long as Monday orders all went out. Could never understand that, but I do wish them much success especially in this economy, but I was looking for a job when I found that one, and I have never had a problem with keeping a job. I have a great one now, and due to lay-off and plant closeing I ended up there, but I hope the owners do make it.

From Gray, TN. — 06/24/2009

My husband and I both have worked for Technipak in the past and enjoyed it very much. Technipak has had some growing pains but were always on the right track for development and growth, you can't rush something so large, it takes time to build a good customer base and hire the right people to fit into place. I find it funny the people on here complaining about Technipak, they obviously are bitter about something that they have done to lose the job at Technipak. Especially in the economy the way it is right now people should be happy to have a job. No there are no benefits offered at Technipak, but if people would stop to think about it I'm sure it's not cheap to supply benefits for everyone either, (being an employer)... Technipak has grown into a wonderful company and has a great crew of people that work there... If I were able to go back I would any day, I am a very busy Mom of three now and have chosen to be a full time Mom or I would be honored to be a Technipak employee.

From Gray, Tennessee — 04/17/2009

Not a bad place to work. I've noticed that they do promote people who work hard and actually show up to work. They don't tolerate poor attendance. I've been promoted twice since being at TechniPak and I have been here for less than one year. I did notice that most of the people bashing TechniPak can't really spell, could be part of the reason they can't keep a job. TechniPak is celebrating ten years in business this year, I must say that definitely says something for the company based on our current economy. As for the whiners...your lack of education and maturity speaks for itself.