Working at TCF Bank — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about TCF Bank pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at TCF Bank

From Cottage Grove, Minnesota — 10/20/2010

One of the only thing lacking at TCF is the pay and benefits which for most people is a very important aspect of the job. Everyone I have worked with has been wonderful however and the location couldn't be better either. Some managers are a bit inexperienced, but with the lack of pay it isn't suprising that most managers are promoted from within. This isn't a bad place to work it is an 'entry level' to the career field of Finance. If you are looking for experience well in college or high school this is the place to get your foot in the door.

From Chicago, Illinois — 10/19/2009

As everyone already knows, sales is what this job is all about. This is mainly the reason why TCF has such a bad reputation with the public: sales are stressed more than quality banking services. This is a very high stress job and your manager will always be on your back to get more accounts to hit daily and monthly goals. I would think twice before taking this job. They hire just about anyone and most of my fellow employees are under 20 years old. The only good thing about the job could be gaining some banking experience if you can even hang in there that long.

From Richfield, MN — 07/09/2008

I worked at TCF for almost two years, between two branches and helping out at a number of other ones in the Twin Cities area. I didn't so much like or mind the work, it was somewhat interesting and I worked with great people. There were some purely awful customers we had to deal with, but that's just part of the job. I found it a pretty good place to work, and they were flexible enough for me while I finished college.