Working at Taco Bell — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Taco Bell pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Taco Bell

From Kentucky — 08/06/2010

Pay- It's minimum wage. It's nice if you're a teenager and just need extra cash like I did.

Respect- I loved the shift managers. The GM was only concerned about himself. I felt like a burden because of my young age, but only from him. It was a part time job. By no means a career, but working close to 30 hours a week at 16? Come on. I have a life, family, and school. Those are my priorites.

Benefits- I didn't expect any. It was part-time.

Job Security- Don't be lazy or show up high. Those are the main ways to get axed. I saw so many people fired on the spot for showing up high. They will honestly hire anybody, but if you're not lazy or stupid enough to smoke a blunt before work you have nothing to worry about.

Work/Life Balance- WHAT A JOKE. I had to fight for time off. Like I said, I was still in school and it was difficult to get a single day off.

Career Growth- Any experience you have at the bottom of the totem pole will change your mind completely about even thinking about advancement.

Location- I lived maybe 5 minutes away.

Coworker competence- I absolutely loved my coworkers. Got along with everyone.

Work environment- Decent, but only because of my coworkers. The customers are generally very blunt and rude. But just be nice to them. It drives them crazy.

From Michigan — 04/02/2009

I give the pay a 2 because i was hired at slighly minimum wage (7.50) and then i managed to get a raise after only 2 months of working! (though i think this was due to the manger)

respect is low not because of the managers and co-workers...its the CUSTOMERS! they have no respect for anyone! trash everywhere, they are whiny, etc.

benefits? ha. i havent seen any.

job security is a zero because it can go either way. work and and behave: you get to stay. screw off: you get canned!

work life/social life balance is a 3 because i cant get the exacy shift i want, but i get pretty close. the manager does a good job accomidating to kids in school.

co-worker competence is a 3 because you got a blend of peole who have been there forever, a while, and newbies..so not everone is 100% knowlegeable.

work environment is a 4 because the job is pretty easy. tiring, but not too bad...not to mention my co-workers keep me sane!

From Jackson, TN — 08/22/2008

I read all of these horrible comments about Taco Bell, and I couldn't believe it!!!! Until I realized that they all have one thing in common: crappy work environments are due to crappy managers. I am a General Manager for Taco Bell, and while I know that I would get paid more at a corporate store (I work franchise), I love and respect my crew, and they reciprocate. Starting pay is definitely not where it should be, but that comes from the amount of money you have to put into bust employees who think that a fast-food job isn't real work. My crew gets fair pay, 30 minute breaks if they work over 5 hours, and they can work as many hours as they want to (no OT, though) as long as they do the job. It definitely has its flaws, but I can say for sure that sticking with the company has landed me a position that I'll equate to any of my college graduate friends in terms of overall pay and job-satisfaction. It's all about what you make it.