Working at T. Rowe Price — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about T. Rowe Price pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at T. Rowe Price

From Owings Mills, MD — 07/18/2009

I worked in the Retirement Plan Services division upon graduating from college in 2005. Starting pay: $29,000 (when I departed T.Rowe after 4 months, they had boosted the salary to $30,000 so as to attract more candidates). Please keep in mind the recruits for this position were from respectable schools such as Univ. Maryland, U-Delaware, Penn State, etc. Friends in more desirable divisions make around $44,000. It was my understanding that by the time you reach age 40 you might be making $60,000 unless, of course, you are recruited from a top-notch business school (such as UVA's Darden School) and work in as an investment analyst downtown. Rank and file employees have virtually no chance of reaching this level. Bottom line: company has a great reputation, nice facilities, decent benefits, but pay is lousy and future prospects are grim. Looks good on a resume - if you get offered a job, take it, but spend lunch looking for other jobs.

From Owings Mills, MD — 03/18/2009

The job is one the incorporates a culture where you have to assimulate to be what they want you to .

From Colorado Springs, CO — 02/29/2008

For an entry level investment position, I would highly recommend T. Rowe Price. This company is top-notch when it comes to benefits, training, job security, and work environment. When I got out of college, T. Rowe was my first employer. I received a BA degree in something completely unrelated to the investment world but they brought me in, trained me, and had me start in a call-center. I wasn't thrilled by the environment but you have to start somewhere. They started pushing me through the FINRA licenses that one must have if he/she wants to go anywhere in the investment industry. I received four licenses before I left TRP. These licenses will help you get a job if TRP doesn't work out. Get the licenses!!! The reason I left was simply because of pay. Some people find other benefits more important but being as young as I am, I consider pay to trump other benefits. For just getting out of college, the pay was good. Once I received the licenses (6,63,7,66), I started doing some research and found that a lot more money can be made in this industry. But if pay is secondary, I couldn't recommend a better company. If TRP is offering a job, and you are ok with the pay, this company is somewhere you could call home.