Working at T-Mobile USA — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about T-Mobile USA pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at T-Mobile USA

From Philadelphia PA — 10/04/2010

Lets say this. I worked for T-Mobile for 6 years. started as a sales rep and moved up in ranks to Store manager.
I started in a city (I wont name) and T-Mobile paid for me to relocate. Everyone that is a store manager with t-mobile knows that they dont pay for relocation for the store manager lever. But they did for me. I guess I was good. For reasons I wish not to disclose I had to move back to the city I transfered from. It wasnt a problem because I had to sign a 1year contract in the new city. Again regular store managers @ t-mobile probably have no idea what I'm talking about because they dont do that. When going back to the original city I was not offer employment even tough there was a decent number of openings. THEY WERE MAD I TRANSFERED OUT. I had won every award they have. several winner circles from a rep all the way to manager and even the PEAK award which is the highest award that can be won. I was told they hired people with more experience. I guess from the outside, but wait, they promote internal promotions, I wasn't even being promoted, It was a lateral move so tell me, I never been wrote up or in trouble, my numbers always out performed 90% of managers nation wide, won every award, was always in good standing, t-mobile thought i was good enough to pay for relocation, even though not policy, was referred by by my market manager for a market manager position, but yet not offered a store manager spot... I was even told they they dont have a transfer policy but I had to get an internal transfer form filled out by my market manager.... WHAT DOES IT SOUND LIKE TO YOU......

From Nashville Tennessee — 09/30/2010

I have not begun my job with T-Mobile yet so some of my answers are listed at 0, meaning I am indifferent. However, I wanted to chime in based on my 15 years of Customer Service 10 of which have been in the cellular world. I have read a large percentage of the comments and am a bit disturbed. Not because I believe them to be true but I believe they are bias. Just simply based on personal perspective with what seems like a healthy dose of bitter thrown in.

I have worked for Verizon, Sprint, ATT (Cingular) and now will work for T-mobile.
What I know about T-Mobile thus far.

1. The interview process was well thought out, intelligent and pertinent to the job requirements. (Based on my experience working customer service)
2. They have the same attendance requirements as ALL the other call centers I have worked for. (These attendance requirements are NECESSARY- If one person doesn't show up for work or is late the job YOU should have been doing falls to the shoulder of the others who were to work on time- which also makes it difficult to provide the stellar customer service T-Mobile is known for- Read your cellular news. Hats off T-mobile for the JD Powers award for overall customer satisfaction.
3. There benefits are comparable to the rest of the industry and THEN some. This tells me they take care of their own.
4. When I was brought in for my interview, I was sat with a representative for 1 hour. Not with a seasoned rep who was a top performer who had just been awarded a large bonus. I was placed with a lady who had been with T-Mobile for around 4 months. Granted, she was new and the likelihood of her having a lot of negative feedback was slim, however in her short time with T-Mobile she spoke about Pajama Day, Waffles made by Managers and her overall great impression thus far. It wasn't her enthusiasm that impressed me though it was the content of her comments. A company that has fun with its employees creates an environment that makes the bad days better and the good dayís great, Less stress and an overall sense of camaraderie.

Off the cuff- Customer Service isn't for everyone. You do have to deal with frustrated customers and generally unpleasant people, thatís why call centers have a personality profile before you are ever hired; it takes a certain personality to work this job. I have found in my experience of working customer service & retention that it takes two ingredients- Listen and don't take it personal. So, that being said I feel some of the comments were made because the job wasn't a right fit. Thatís okay- Not everyone is a salesmen, doctor or farmer.

I feel there is a general consensus that Customer Service is EASY..its just talking on the phone. NO it is not just talking on the phone folks, mix in Cellular or any Technical field there is a lot to learn and the industry is changing daily so itís hard to keep up unless your dedicated to the job your performing. If you just want to answer the phone, talk, then hang up- be a receptionist.

I am not calling anyone a liar or even insinuating there is an abundance of over-exaggeration. What I am saying is I feel often (and I have been guilty of this) we don't thoroughly take the time to know what our companies expectations are and therefore react poorly when the company hold us to those expectations and requirements. Secondly, to those who feel that HR treated them unfairly, I cannot comment on this as I have never had in 15 years in customer service an HR department or corporation handle me outside of the bounds they were legally held too.

I will chime in again in several months to keep you posted on my OPINION of T-Mobile.

Today I give them 2 thumbs up and am VERY excited to begin my new relationship with the JD Powers Winner! Thank you T-Mobile for having me I look forward to being an asset.

From Bend, OR work in Redmond, OR — 05/11/2010

I don't think I'm particular one of the "lucky ones" but perhaps being a bid older gives me a different perspective. I have seen a LOT of changes in my 6 years with the company, some better than others. There is always a lack of sufficiently trained or qualified personnel in leadership role at times. You get out of this job what you put into it! I am blessed to have an EXCELLENT coach whom I have worked with since we were rep's together in the same team. I way quite content being a general CSR and was urged to promote to CLT. I did not want to step out of my comfort box until finally I was THROWN out - and I still thank the Coach and Senior who did that. My career growth has been what I have wanted it to be, the opportunities are there for me if I choose to take them. Realignment? Hey, it stinks, but it's part of the process. You can complain or roll with the punched and make the best of it. BADGE YOUR PROBLEMS AND ISSUES AT THE DOOR when you come in. Pay? For my area, which has the highest unemployment rate in the STATE, it's great. Benefits? Add in the insurance benefits you get and that ups your pay by a good $500 to $600/month. I look forward to going to work EVERY SINGLE DAY. When my personal life hit a major crisis, the company was RIGHT THERE for me, offering whatever help I needed, including a transfer if that was necessary. My work slumped and my Coach and TM NEVER gave up on me. They could just as easily have promoted me to customer. Their belief helped me to get back on track and excel. NO JOB is perfect, but it's only going to be as good as YOU make it. I'm a proud happy employee and plan to be until I retire.....if I ever do. Quit whining and give it your 150%! If you don't like it, then get the hell out! There are 100 unemployed people outside the door who would love to have your pay and benefits.