Working at Symantec (Veritas) — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Symantec (Veritas) pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Symantec (Veritas)

From Mountain View, CA — 12/05/2009

I work for the former Veritas Software company, and, we are lost in the shuffle here at Symantec. Symantec upper management attempts to treat all of it's acquisitions as one company, but, that is not the case. There is a huge difference between Veritas Software and other Symantec products, and we cannot be brought under the same umbrella. This fact does not discourage upper management from making painful social engineering videos teaching us how to talk about ourselves(as if anyone asks).

The pay is something you'd better negotiate really well on initial hire , because raises are only promises of "maybe next year" at this point. There is also no bonus structure worth mentioning. Symantec uppermanagement seems to think giving it's employee's "atta-boy" emails makes up for this. Very lame.

There are no chances to advance, and employees in my division are considered expendable, which explains the brain-drain that plagues this company every time hiring picks up in our industry.

There are good parts, it's a very interesting work, and you have a chance to refine skills that cannot be learned elsewhere.

Low-level management infighting plagues our company though, and it's worsened since being eaten by Symantec. I would not recommend SYMC as a place to work, except as a last resort.

From Mountain View, CA — 06/11/2006

they pay good for interns and respect us. I didn't get benefits because I was on "intern" status, so I couldn't really comment on that. The job security seemed really good compared to other companies i've worked for. The work/life balance is great, as most people there have families and don't work really late like other companies (intel, aol, etc).. they give you room to grow also.

The location is in mountain view, ca which is a nice location, the only problem is it is costly! coworkers are intelligent people and the work environment is great. You can expect around $16+ for intern level and i'm not sure about full-time level (yet).